M4A to MP3 - How to Convert M4A to MP3 on Mac and Windows?
M4A to MP3 Converter Mac/Windows - Convert M4A Files to MP3 in Batch
Why Convert M4A to MP3?
M4A format, powered by Apple, is well known since music purchased through the iTunes store has been in m4a format. Compared to MP3 files, M4A file has a better quality and a smaller file size. Even so, M4A is still not as famous as MP3 format because of its poor compatibility. Many multimedia devices, such as portable music players, DVD players, smartphones etc, don't support M4A format. That's why many people are trying to convert M4A to MP3.
This article introduces two methods to convert M4A to MP3 without any hassle: Method One Convert M4A to MP3 with a Professional Tool and Method Two Convert M4A to MP3 with iTunes.
Method One Convert M4A to MP3 with a Professional Tool
Here we highly recommend an essential and crucial tool - Faasoft M4A to MP3 Converter to you.
- Convert M4A to MP3 with fantastic output quality and amazing conversion speed; Also support converting M4A to MP3 in batch;
- Convert M4A to other audio formats, for example, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, AC3, AAC, DTS, WMA;
- Convert any audio clips like 3GA, M4B, MKA, RA, RAM, OGG, OGA, FLAC, APE, AU, AUD, AIFF, WMA, XWM, OPUS, AIFC, CAF, MPC, QCP, VOC, VOX, GSM, etc to popular audio formats;
- Has basic and advanced edit features such as split, merge, cut, adjust volume/bitrate, extract audio from video and change channels and so on;
- Works on both Mac (Yosemite included) and Windows (Windows 10 included).
Convert M4A to MP3 with Faasoft M4A to MP3 Converter
Let's convert M4A to MP3 with this efficient and useful tool. Before that, click the "Download" button to free download and install it. After run it, just follow the steps as shown below to convert M4A to MP3.
Step 1 Add M4A files
Hit "Add File" button on the interface of the M4A to MP3 Converter to open M4A file from your computer. There is an easier way to import files: drag and drop the file (folder) that you'd like to convert to the program main interface.
Step 2 Set MP3 as output format
The file will be loaded in a flash. Then, click "Profile" drop-down button to select "MP3 MPEG Layer-3 Audio (*.mp3)" from "General Audio" category.
Step 3 Convert M4A to MP3
Before process this step, you can also edit your M4A file as your desire. Click "Trim" button and there you can cut your M4A files to remove the needless parts. Click "Settings..." to go to "Advanced Settings" tab and there you can increase audio volume, adjust bitrate, change audio channel.
When all satisfy, click the "Convert" button on the lower right corner of this wonderful M4A to MP3 Converter to start M4A to MP3 conversion.
Method Two Convert M4A to MP3 with iTunes
This method can only help you convert M4A to MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV, Apple Lossless. The first thing you need to do is download and install the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or Windows.
- After you run iTunes, click the menu button to select "Preferences" and the "General Preferences" window will pop up;
- In the "General Preferences" window, click "Importing Settings..." button and the "Import Settings" window pops up;
- Hit the drop-down menu of "Import Using" in the "Import Settings" window to choose "MP3 Encoder" and select "Good Quality" in the "Setting menu. When all things are done, click "OK" button;
- And then go to iTunes Library and right click the M4A file that you want to convert to MP3 and choose "Create MP3 Version".
Tips: Before the conversion, select "Preferences" to go to "Advanced" tab to set the location of the converted M4A file.
Choosing the method most suitable for you will save your time and energy greatly. Just give it a shot.