M4A to WAV Converter - How to Convert M4A to WAV on Mac and Windows?
Convert M4A to WAV in Batch Mode for Playback M4A Files on PS3, BlackBerry, Zune, Kindle Fire, etc
The Reason Convert M4A to WAV
M4A file has a much better compatibility with Apple devices, since it is developed by Apple. However, M4A is not compatible with many earlier yet popular portable devices and editors like PS3, PSP, Creative Zen, Audacity, Wavosaur, etc, while WAV file is. Therefore, still lots of people longed to convert M4A to WAV with original file quality.
- I wish to convert the m4a voice memo files to wav so that I can attach the voice files to the gps track when editing the Open Street Map using the JOSM editor.
- I'm trying to convert a file with .m4a extension from Garageband to wav for PS3.
- I need to convert the MPEG-4 Audio (.m4a) that the iPhone voice recorder puts out into a WAV or MP3 format to use in the YouMail program.
- Is there another simple program that allows me to convert .m4a to .wav?
- Can anyone suggest a good converter to convert M4A files in to *.WAV files such that can then be burned on to an audio CD?
This article offers a solution to successfully convert M4A to WAV on Mac (Yosemite included) and Windows (Windows 8 included).
How to Convert M4A to WAV?
In order to convert M4A to WAV with ease, here, I strongly recommend Faasoft M4A to WAV Converter for both Mac and Windows users. If you care about the quality of the output audio, converting M4A to lossless WAV format is the best choice.
Key Features of M4A to WAV Converter
- Convert M4A to WAV for playback on PS3, PSP, Creative Zen and more or edit M4A in Audacity, Wavosaur, etc;
- Convert M4A to other popular audio formats like M4A to MP3, M4A to AC3, M4A to DTS, M4A to MP2, WMA, AU, AIFF, etc;
- Convert any audio formats to M4A to play on Apple devices like WAV to M4A, FLAC to M4A, APE to M4A, CAF to M4A, VOC to M4A, etc;
- Extract M4A, WAV, MP3, DTS, AC3, AAC, etc from video clips like AVI, MP4, MOV, WMV, MKV, AVCHD, TS, ASF, MOD, etc;
- Edit M4A file in many aspects like trim, join, split by chapter or CUE file, adjust the bitrate/sample rate, increase volume level, change audio channel, etc.
Convert M4A to WAV
Free download Faasoft M4A to WAV Converter and install it. After launch it, simply follow the step by step guide to convert M4A to WAV with ease.
Step 1 Import M4A file to the program
Method one: Just drag and drop M4A file to the main interface of Faasoft M4A to WAV Converter. Method two: Click "Add File" button of the program.
Step 2 Set WAV as output format
Click "Profile" drop-down button to select "WAV Waveform Audio (*.wav)" as output format from "General Audio" category.
Tips: The "WAV Waveform Lossless Audio (*.wav)" in "Lossless Audio" category is the same as above "WAV Waveform Audio (*.wav)" in "General Audio" category.
Step 3 Convert M4A to WAV
Press the big "Convert" button of the software to start converting M4A to WAV fast and smoothly.
Compare M4A with WAV
M4A is a filename extension powered and popularized by Apple. Since 2007, music bought from the iTunes store has been saved in m4a format, and therefore M4A files floating about are exploded. However, M4A file is less compatible with other devices than Apple devices.
WAV audio file format is a simple uncompressed format. Due to its nature of the uncompressed, WAV file usually takes up a lot of needless storage space, and is not economic for transferring over the internet. At the same time, uncompressed means it has lossless quality, for those who care quality over file size, it is more preferable for professionals or businessmen for higher quality. Due to its simplicity nature, it has better compatibility and can be more easily manipulated and edited, so it is much more universal and widely used than other formats.