MP4 to OGV Converter - How to Convert MP4 to OGV on Mac and Windows?
The Easiest Way to Convert MP4 to OGV or Convert OGV to MP4 with an Ideal OGV Converter
Symptoms in Playing OGV and MP4 Files
- I used RecordMyDeskTop to create a screencast which with an extension .ogv. Now, I want to play it in my iPhone. So how to convert it to MP4?
- Recently I installed gtk-recordMyDesktop, so that I could record my movements and send the Media File to my dad. My problem is converting the .ogv file to .mp4. Anyone can help me?
- I have some video files in ogv format that I need in mp4 so I can use them in Adobe Premiere Elements.
- I used RecordMyDeskTop to capture a video of my desktop. It saved the file in an .ogv format. I'm wondering how to convert them to MP4?
- Does anyone know about any software that can convert MP4 to HTML5 supported OGV format?
- Is there a video converter for MP4 to OGV for stupid people like me? I'm trying to convert MP4 to OGV.
- Does anyone know a way to convert .mp4 video to OGV video (in Windows)? None of the converters I've seen online seem to do the job.
Why Convert OGV to MP4 or Convert MP4 to OGV?
From the foregoing, we learn that if you have a ton of OGV files in hand and want to play them on Mac system, iPhone, iTunes, iPod, iPad, Windows Media Player, Android, Xbox 360, or PS3, etc or edit them in iMovie, QuickTime, Final Cut Pro, PowerPoint, or Windows Movie Maker, etc, you need to convert OGV to MP4 and other more compatible video formats, since the above players and devices don't natively support OGV as the input format.
On the other hand, you'd better to convert MP4 to OGV, if want to put your MP4 file on your website for commercial usage free from patent issues.
How to Convert OGV to MP4 or Convert MP4 to OGV?
Acting as a professional OGV to MP4 Converter, Faasoft OGV Converter can easily convert OGV to MP4 for playback on most popular players and devices like iPhone, iTunes, iPod, iPad, Windows Media Player, Android, Android, Xbox 360, PS3, iMovie, QuickTime, PowerPoint, etc.
Acting as a multi-functional MP4 to OGV Converter, Faasoft OGV Converter enables users to convert MP4 to OGV with ease so that it removes one headache for these people who want to embed their MP4 files in website.
Besides the above two key features, Faasoft OGV Converter also works as an all-in-one video and audio converter which supports almost all kinds of video and audio formats like MOV, MP4, WTV, DVR-MS, WMV, ASF, ASX, AVI, XMV, DV, HDV, DV-AVI, DivX, Xvid, MKV, FLV, F4V, SWF, MXF, MVI, OGM, WebM, VP8, Theora, 3GP, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MJPEG, MJPG, H.263, H.264, RM, etc and AAC, AC3, DTS, ALAC, OGG, OGA, MP3, WAV, FLAC, WMA, XWM, 3GA, M4A, M4B, MKA, RA, RAM, APE, AU, AUD, AIFF, AIFC, CAF, MPC, QCP, VOC, VOX, GSM, etc.
Steps on How to Convert OGV to MP4 or Convert MP4 to OGV
After launching Faasoft OGV Converter and then follow the three steps to convert OGV to MP4 or convert MP4 to OGV.
Step 1 Load file to Faasoft OGV Converter
Just drag and drop your source OGV or MP4 file to the main interface of Faasoft OGV Converter. The file will be loaded soon.
Step 2 Set output format
Click the drop-down button besides "Profile" on the interface to set output format. If you want to convert OGV to MP4, please choose "MP4 MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4)" from "General Video" category. Otherwise, please select "OGG Theora Video HTML5 OGG theora Video Profile (*.ogv)" from "Web Video" category.
Step 3 Convert OGV to MP4 or MP4 to OGV
Click big "Convert" button to finish the conversion of OGV to MP4 or MP4 to OGV.
More About OGV Format
OGV is the video version of OGG format that means it contains video stream with or without audio stream, rather than audio only as OGG. Actually they are the same container with different content. OGG is an open and free bitstream container format designed for streaming and manipulation by Xiph.Org Foundation. It usually uses Theora codec for video compression and Vorbis codec for audio.
Because OGG is a free format, it is getting more and more supporting by various software and device, especially for online video streaming. However, it is still not as popular as the world universal MP4 (MPEG-4) format, and is not supported by the most popular players and devices.