Cut Video - How to Cut MP4, AVI, MKV, FLV, MPEG, MOV, etc on Mac and Windows?
A Tutorial on How to Cut MP4, AVI, MOV, MPEG, FLV, MKV, WTV, AVHCD, SWF, 3GP, MTS, etc
Want to DIY a video for share with your family, friends or online or commercial purposes but only need some special parts of a certain movie or video? Digging a lot while can't seek out a satisfied solution to cut video?
If so, the following tutorial, which introduces a powerful Video Cutter and the steps how to cut video, will totally help you.
Video Cutter Mac and Windows
The widely used Video Cutter is named Faasoft Video Cutter which enables to cut almost all kinds of video like cut MP4, cut AVI, cut MOV, WMV, MKV, FLV, ASF, 3GP, MPEG, etc. What is worth mentioning is that this professional Video Cutter supports cutting videos without re-encoding so that you can keep 100% original quality.
Key Features of Video Cutter
- Work as an easy-to-use MP4 Cutter, Faasoft Video Cutter can cut MP4 files as well as keep the source format or convert MP4 to numerous popular video formats like AVI, MOV, WMV, FLV, ASF, MPEG, MXF, WebM, DV, RM, etc;
- Besides as an MP4 Cutter, Faasoft Video Cutter can cut various kinds of video and movie such as cut AVI, cut MOV, cut WMV, cut MKV, WTV, FLV, OGV, 3GP, AVCHD, MTS, ASF, SWF, MXF, WebM, MOD, DV, RM, TS, XMV;
- Faasoft Video Cutter works as more than a Video Cutter. It also supports cutting nearly all kinds of audio files like cut MP3, WAV, AAC, AC3, M4A, ALAC, FLAC, AIFF, CAF, M4B, APE, OPUS, WMA, AU, DTS, MP2, GSM, VOC and more;
- Cut video and audio in the meanwhile with or without re-encoding;
- More editing functions: crop, merge files, split by chapter, add effect/watermark/subtitle to video, adjust volume/bitrate/frame rate of video, rotate video in 90 Degrees/180 Degrees/270 Degrees, change video aspect ratio, compress video and audio, remove or extract audio from video, extract subtitle from video and more;
- Compatible with both Mac (OS X Yosemite included) and Windows (windows 8 included).
How to Cut Video?
Make Preparation: download and install this ideal Video Cutter first, and then follow the below guide to cut video as easy as a pie. Here we will take cutting MP4 files as example.
Step 1 Load MP4 file
Click "Add File" button of Faasoft Video Cutter to open MP4 file or just drag and drop MP4 file to the main interface of the program to load file. No matter which method you choose, the MP4 file will be added instantly.
Step 2 Cut MP4 files
There are three methods to set trim time:
Method 1: Enter the start time in the Start Time box, and then enter the end time in the End Time box.
Method 2: Drag the left and right triangles under the progress bar where you want to trim, and then the time will be shown in the Start Time box and End Time box for your reference.
Method 3: Click left scissors to set the current play position as where you want to begin your trimming. Click right scissors to set the current play position as where you want to stop your trimming.
After all set done, click "OK" to save the settings if you have completed video cutting. If you want to restore the settings to defaults, please click "Reset All" button.
Step 3 Start and finish cutting MP4 files
Click "Convert" button in the bottom right of the program to cut MP4 file with ease.
Tips: Click the "Profile" drop-down button of the software to set output format. If you want to cut video without re-encoding, make sure you select the same format as input file, and go to Advanced Settings, set "Video Codec" to "copy".
After you follow this step by step guide, the following issues will be readily solved:
- Are there a program / method to just cut a piece of video? I have iMac.
- So what are some good hassle free programs out there that I can use to cut .MP4 video files (with audio)?
- I just need a small part of an AVI video, but I don't know how to cut a selection from the original AVI file.
- I'm having trouble cutting an MKV file. Basically, I want to save an hour of video from an event and then delete the rest, while maintaining the original quality as much as possible.
- I have a digital photo-camera that also takes .mov movie files, which I upload to my computer. I would love to cut portions out of these to shorten them.
- I am trying to cut an FLV video to several small FLV videos. How?