ASX Converter - Convert ASX to MP3, AVI, MP4, MOV, WMV, etc
The Best ASX Converter to Convert ASX on Both Mac IE Capitan and Windows Windows 10
The Definition of ASX Format
There are two types of ASX file.
The first type is ASF file. This type of ASX file is actually the same as ASF file. You can rename its extension name from .asx to .asf. For more detailed information about how to converting ASF file to other formats, please read this article: ASF Converter Mac and Windows.
The second type of ASX file is XML based playlist file. Here ASX means Advanced Stream Redirector. When you click a link that point to a ASX file on the web page, your web browser will start Windows Media Player to play it.
Works as a playlist, similar as M3U format, ASX file has a list of media files. Howerver, in most of the cases, these media files are on the internet, instead of on your local disk. Open your ASX file in Notepad or any other text editor, you will see similar content as follow:
<title>Example.com Live Stream</title>
<title>Short Announcement to Play Before Main Stream</title>
<ref href="http://example.com/announcement.wma" />
<param name="aParameterName" value="aParameterValue" />
<ref href="http://example.com:8080" />
Please pay attension to the URL in <ref href="">, this is the real media file that Windows Media Player plays. If you want to play it without network or WMP, you should download it to your computer and convert it to other popular formats like MP3, M4A, .etc.
To distinguish the two types of ASX files, please look at the size of the file. If the size is less than 100KB, it probably is the second type. If the size is larger than 1MB, it probably is the first type.
ASX Converter for Mac and Windows
The following step by step guide introduces an ideal ASX Converter which allows you to convert ASX files and then play them anywhere:
- Convert ASX to MP4 or convert ASX to MOV to play ASX files on iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, iTunes, QuickTime, etc;
- Convert ASX to AVI or ASX to WMV to open ASX on Windows operating system, Windows Media Player or embed ASX into PowerPoint;
- Convert ASX to MP4, ASX to MOV or ASX to ProRes in oder to edit ASX clips in iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas and more;
- Convert ASX to AVI or MP4 to enjoy ASX in Android phones and tablets like Samsung Galaxy, HTC, LG, MOTO and so on;
- Convert ASX to FLV, ASX to WebM, ASX to MP4 and so on to upload ASX to YouTube, Factbook, etc for share;
- Convert ASX to MP3, ASX to WAV, ASX to M4A, etc to extract audio from ASX files to enjoy music on players and other devices;
- Edit ASX video in many options like merge, cut, crop, etc as you desire before you enjoy or share them.
Convert ASX Files
Get the powerful ASX Converter and then follow the guide as below to convert ASX files.
Step 1 Import ASX files
For the first type of ASX file, to add file to the program, what you need to do is simply dragging and dropping your ASX file to the main interface. For the second type of ASX file, you should download the real media file to your computer, then add it to this converter.
The ASX Converter does support converting ASX files in batch mode. Just drag and drop the folder where your ASX files locate to the program. All ASX files will be imported in order.
Step 2 Set output format
Click the drop-down button on the right of "Profile" to choose output format. For example, select "AVI Audio-Video Interleaved (*.avi)" as output format if you want to convert ASX to AVI.
Step 3 Start ASX conversion
When the output format is set, click the big "Convert" button on the bottom and then the ASX Converter will finish the rest of the work automatically. It will take a few minutes.