How to Convert MOV to Sony Vegas Compatible Formats?
Convert MOV to Sony Vegas Supported Video Formats to Open MOV in Sony Vegas
Troubleshooting in MOV to Sony Vegas
- How can I best convert *.mov from iPhone into a nice-to-work-with format in Vegas Pro 13? Or what do the professional people do when facing different formats (here *.mov).
- Recently I took some video footage with my camera NIKON Coolpix P520 and... Sony Vegas Pro doesn't accept importing the .MOV video files I made!
- I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 12 Build 770 64-bit. I just did a complete wipe of my machine and a fresh install of everything. Now SVP 12 will not directly import .MOV files.
- Recently got SV platinum downloaded on both my windows 7 PC and also my Vista laptop installed, but I am having one problem, when I try to upload MOV. files to my laptop's SV it can't seem to read the files.
- I'm using the new Vegas movie studio platinum 12 to edit .MOV files. The audio in the file will repeat from the beginning half way through the video despite the fact that the waveform for the audio shows the original audio is there. When played on vlc media player the audio plays fine.
- So I'm doing a project for school and it requires filming and editing. At my school they have Macs with iMovie. At home I have a pc with Sony Vegas 12. To get the videos from the mac to my pc. I put the video into iMovie, save it as .mov, and then output it to a flash drive. When I get home I loaded them on to my hard drive but here's the problem. When I go into Sony Vegas and I drag in the video file to the tracks only the audio comes up, there is no video track and in the properties dialogue space thing it says that the video details are unavailable.
The following guide introduces an ideal solution to Sony Vegas can't open MOV issue: convert MOV to Sony Vegas more standard video formats.
MOV to Sony Vegas Converter
In order to convert MOV to Sony Vegas format, you need the help of Faasoft MOV to Sony Vegas Converter. This powerful program allows you to convert MOV which is a container format that may contains various of video, audio, images to Sony Vegas standard MOV format for playback.
Besides MOV, it also lets you convert many Sony Vegas incompatible formats like WTV, SWF, FLV, WebM, MOD, TOD, RMVB, Apple ProRes, R3D, Fraps video, BIK, Flip movies, AMV, F4V and more to Sony Vegas popular format to edit them as your desire. Moreover, it supports converting almost all Sony Vegas unlike audio formats like OPUS, Vorbis, FLAC, XWM, M4B, MKA, etc to Sony Vegas supported audio formats such as MP3, WAV, WMA, M4A, etc.
If you have trouble in importing MP4 into Sony Vegas, you may prefer to this step by step guide. Here is another step by step guide to help you open MKV in Sony Vegas.
Convert MOV to Sony Vegas
Now, download and install this wonderful MOV to Sony Vegas Converter and then follow the steps below to have a try.
Step 1 Add MOV file
It is quite easy to import file to the program: just drag and drop your MOV that you want to open in Sony Vegas to the main interface of this MOV to Sony Vegas Converter. Or click "Add File" button on the top to open MOV file from your computer.
Step 2 Set output format
After the MOV files are loaded, click the "Profile" drop-down button to select "DV Digital Video Format (*.dv)", "MP4 MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4)" etc as output formats.
Step 3 Convert MOV to Sony Vegas
Click "Trim" button to go to "Video Edit" window and there you can optimize your MOV files as your desire before starting the conversion.
When all are ok, click the big "Convert" button on the bottom to finish MOV to Sony Vegas conversion. It will take a few minutes.
Once the conversion is done, go to the folder where the converted MOV files locate and import them into Sony Vegas. You will never encounter Sony Vegas won't open MOV file issue.