XMedia Recode Mac: Convert Any Video and Audio on Mac OS X
Alternative of XMedia Recode for Mac to Convert Video and Audio on Mac (Yosemite Included)
Review of XMedia Recode
XMedia Recode, developed by Sebastian Dörfler, is a free program that used to transcode video and audio on Microsoft Windows. It supports importing and exporting many kinds of video and audio files like 3GP, 3GPP, 3GPP2, AAC, AC3, ADTS, AMR, ASF, AVI, AVISynth, DVD, FLAC, FLV, H.261, H.263, H.264, M4A , M1V, M2V, M4V, Matroska (MKV), MMF, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, TS, TRP, MP2, MP3, MP4, MP4V, MOV, QT, OGG, PSP, RM, (S ) VCD, SWF, VOB, WAV, WebM, WMA and WMV. It also can convert unprotected DVDs or DVD files to any supported output file.
Key Features of XMedia Recode
- Output to "Video and Audio", "Video only" or "Audio only"
- Copy video and/or audio tracks from input file (to avoid conversion)
- Presets (also called Profiles) for various media devices (e.g. PS3, Xbox 360, iPhone, PSP, Zune and more)
- Multiple languages (English, French, German, Italian and Japanese)
- Includes a Bitrate-Calculator that can calculate the required video bitrate to achieve a desired file size based on various Media (CD, DVD, memory cards, etc.).
- Supports multiple Audio Tracks
- Displays basic media info about each video using MediaInfo.
- Supports batch processing when multiple videos are selected in the main interface (via Ctrl+click or Shift+click). Multiple highlighted jobs will all have the same conversion settings.
- Supports adding external audio tracks and subtitles files.
- Edit video and audio files like cutting, cropping, flip image, audio channel mapping, volume adjustment, de-interlacing, etc.
However, what a pity such a useful program doesn't work for Mac users. If you used to use or just switch to Mac OS X (Yosemite included), you may need this XMedia Recode for Mac - Faasoft Video Converter for Mac.
XMedia Recode Mac
Faasoft Video Converter for Mac is in a position to convert HD, 3D or SD Video in WMV, ASF, ASX, AVI, WTV, XMV, DivX, Xvid, MKV, FLV, DV-AVI, F4V, SWF, MXF, MVI, OGM, WebM, VP8, Theora, OGV, 3GP, Apple ProRes, R3D, MP4, H.263, H.264, RM, RMVB, MOV, 720p/1080p AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, M2T, TS, M4V, QT, BIK, Flip movies, AMV, TRP, TOD, MOD, TP, SMV etc to your desire formats. Besides, it is capable of converting any audio files like OPUS, Vorbis, AAC, DTS, ALAC, AC3, OGG, APE, AU, AIFF, AIFC, OGA, M4B, RAM, MP3, WAV, VOC, VOX, FLAC, WMA, XWM, 3GA, M4A, CAF, GSM, etc.
In addition to transcoding video and audio, this wonderful application, as XMedia Recode, also has many powerful editing features such as adjust audio volume, cut, crop, add subtitle, change audio channel, add effect/watermark/background music, batch convert video and audio, compress video and audio size, join multiple files into one, split a big file into several files, adjust bitrate/sample rate, etc.
Other features include support multiple languages, keep album information and cover, provides keyboard short cut, etc.
Quick Guide to XMedia Recode for Mac
Download and install this XMedia Recode for Mac and then launch it. The following is the step by step guide on how to convert video or audio files on Mac with this XMedia Recode Mac.
Step 1 Add video or audio
There is an easiest way to import video or audio file to XMedia Recode for Mac: drag and drop your file that you want to convert to the main interface of this application.
Step 2 Set output format
Click "Profile" drop-down button to select output formats as your desire. If you want to extract audio from video, just choose output format from "General Audio" or "Lossless Audio" category.
Step 3 Edit video or audio
Click "Effect" button to open "Video Edit" window, and there, you can process some basic editing functions.
Click "Settings..." button and an "Advanced Settings" pops up. Set various parameters to meet your need there.
Step 4 Finish the conversion
When everything is OK, just click the big "Convert" button on the bottom of XMedia Recode Mac and all the rest of the work will be done automatically.
With the help of XMedia Recode for Mac, Mac users can convert almost all kinds of video and audio on Mac OS X without any hassle. Better still, Faasoft Video Converter also has a Windows version, which is as powerful as XMedia Recode. Why don't get this program to have a try?