AMV Converter - Convert AMV to AVI, MP4, FLV, MOV, MP3, WAV, etc
AMV Player - Play AMV Files on both Mac and Windows, iPhone, Android, PS3, iPad, Xbox, etc
What Is AMV Format?
AMV, a simplified version of AVI format, is designed for low-end portable video players with weak CPU and small screen size, for example, S1 MP3 player.
The video codec is a variant of Motion JPEG, with fixed rather than variable quantisation tables. The audio codec is a variant of IMA ADPCM, where the first 8 bytes of each frame are origin (16 bits), index (16 bits) and number of encoded 16-bit samples (32 bits); all known AMV files run sound at 22050 samples/second.
These simplified codecs have very low decoding overhead. Video compression ratio is low - around 4 pixels/byte, compared with over 10 pixels/byte for MPEG-2 - though as the files are of low resolution (96x96 up to 208x176) and frame rate (10, 12, or 16 frame/s), file sizes are small in bytes per second. With a resolution of 128x96 pixels and a framerate of 12 frame/s, a 30-minute video will be compressed into 80 MB.
Why Convert AMV Files?
Want to play AMV files without any limitation on various software and portable devices? However, only to find that AMV files are rejected time and time again. In this case, you could not help but wonder if you can play AMV videos freely.
AMV format is mainly compatible with some low-end portable players. But to most computer software such as iTunes, QuickTime, Windows Media Player, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere and so on or other portable devices like iPhone, iPad, Android, Xbox, PS, Zune, etc, AMV is less popular. That's why people are full of enthusiasm for AMV conversion.
The following guide aims to:
- Convert AMV files to any other popular video formats such as ASF, AVI, DivX Video, DV, MOV, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Video, RM, VCD Video, WMV, Xvid Video, Matroska Video, WebM Video, ProRes Video, OGV Video, FLV, SWF, etc;
- Extract AC3, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, SUN AU, M4A, MP2, MP3, OGG, RA, WAV, WMA, etc from AMV video;
- Play AMV files on most popular computer software like Windows Media Player, iTunes, QuickTime, VLC, RealPlayer, etc;
- Play AMV files on all famous portable devices like Android phones and tablets, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, BlackBerry, PS, Xbox, Zune, etc;
- Edit AMV files on powerful editors such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, Pinnacle Studio and so on;
- Convert AMV to video sharing websites formats to upload AMV videos to YouTube, DailyMotion, Google, etc for share;
- Works for both Mac and Windows users.
How to Convert AMV Files?
To convert AMV files, what you need to do in the first step is downloading and installing Faasoft AMV Converter on your computer.
Step 1 Add AMV files
Simply click "Add File" button on the tool bar of the program to open AMV files from your computer. Or add AMV files by dragging and dropping. Batch converting AMV files is also supported. Directly drag the AMV folder to the main user interface.
Step 2 Set output format
Click the small triangle on the right of the "Profile" button to choose output formats, at will.
Step 3 Finish the conversion
Once the output format is set, click the big "Convert" button of the program to process AMV to other formats.
How to Play AMV Files?
The above method is widely used to play AMV files on software and portable devices. If you don't want to convert AMV files, Faasoft AMV Converter also allows you to play AMV videos on computer freely.
AMV Player and VLC Player are another two players which are compatible with AMV files.