How to Successfully Import MP4 Files into Sony Vegas 13/12/11?
This Guide Aims to Help Sony Vegas Users Open MP4 Files Smoothly
Why Sony Vegas Can't Open MP4 Files?
Although Sony Vegas announces it does support MP4 as one of the input formats, sometimes people still have problem in importing MP4 files into Sony Vegas. Let's see some examples:
- I encountered some problems while trying to open .mp4 video files in Sony Vegas Pro 11. The MP4 files are recorded by Mirillis Action. It only shows the audio and there's no trace of the video when I import MP4 videos to Sony Vegas.
- How can I open mp4 videos on Sony Vegas 11? I record some MP4 videos by Hauppauge HD PVR.
- I have a YouTube intro, it works in every video player (VLC, WMP) and the mp4 itself renders correctly when uploaded to YouTube but it doesn't work when I import it to Sony Vegas.
- Maybe someone can help me out. I can't edit any mp4 files from YouTube and Vimeo in the latest build of Sony Vegas pro 12.
- When I imported MP4 videos outputting from GoPro HD Hero, I got a message "An error occurred while opening one or more files. The reason for the error could not be determined". Why? How to open MP4 files in Sony Vegas successfully?
- I have Sony Vegas 9 to edit my videos. The Xbox recordings are produced as MP4 files. When I try to import these files into Sony Vegas, I get an error message OR the audio works and the video doesn't.
The reason people can't import MP4 files into Sony Vegas is that MP4 contains various kinds of audio, video, subtitles and images, etc which is not accepted by Sony Vegas since Sony Vegas is only compatible with several codes in MP4 file.
Solution One to This Issue
One of the widely adopted solutions is converting MP4 to Sony Vegas standard formats with Faasoft MP4 to Sony Vegas Converter.
Faasoft MP4 to Sony Vegas Converter is an easy-to-use yet professional tool to let Sony Vegas users import any MP4 files no matter from camera, camcorders or video sharing websites to Sony Vegas including Sony Vegas 13, Sony Vegas 12 and Sony Vegas 11 without hassles.
In addition to importing MP4 to Sony Vegas easily, this great Sony Vegas Converter allows you to convert a great many video formats such as WTV, WMV, DV, MKV, FLV, MXF, MVI, WebM, ASF, XMV, F4V, SWF, OGM, 720p/1080p AVCHD, MTS, M2TS and so on to Sony Vegas more popular formats for editing. It also supports converting almost all kinds of audio files to successfully import them to Sony Vegas.
First download and install the powerful MP4 to Sony Vegas Converter and next run it. The following are just the steps to let you know how to convert MP4 to Sony Vegas with it.
Step 1 Add MP4 file
To import MP4 file that need to convert, just drag and drop it to the main interface of this converter.
Step 2 Set Sony Vegas formats
Click "Profile" drop-down button to select "DV Digital Video Format (*.dv)", "MP4 MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4)" or "WMV Windows Media Video (*.wmv)", etc as output formats.
Step 3 Finish the conversion
What you need to do in the last step is click the big "Convert" button on the lower right corner of this program to start MP4 to Sony Vegas conversion.
Solution Two to This Issue
Another solution to Sony Vegas can't open MP4 file problem is install applicable MP4 codes which enable you to open MP4 in Sony Vegas with success. One of these kinds of codec is K-Lite Codec Pack. The biggest drawback of this method is you install all kinds of codecs and components while installing K-Lite Codec Pack.
Tips about Sony Vegas
Sony Vegas Pro is a video editing suite aimed at professionals needing to produce high quality HD videos. It only supports Windows version, and doesn't support Mac OS X system. From version 8.0, Vegas natively supports MJPEG AVIs (usually from "video" setting on digital still cameras). For unsupported file formats and codecs, you should install Third-party codecs. Vegas Pro 13 support AVCHD, XDCAM MXF file, AVC/MP4 files.