How to Play FLV Files on Mac and Windows?
Convert FLV Files to More Compatible Formats for Playback on Mac, Windows, Popular Portable Devices
Downloaded a lot of movies from YouTube and most of them are in .flv format. Now the problem is how to play these downloaded FLV videos in my new iPhone 6 so I can watch them on the road.
It's quite common that the downloaded movies from YouTube and etc are with .flv extension since FLV is usually used to share video over the Internet and many famous video sharing sites accept it as one of downloaded formats. However, FLV format is unsupported by Mac OS X, Windows and most software and portable devices such as iTunes, QuickTime, iMovie, Final Cut, Windows Movie Maker, Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Android, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, Xbox, PS, and so on.
"How to play FLV videos freely" became a question that was asked frequently. Today, we introduce a step by step guide to complete the following tasks to help you solve the problem:
- Convert FLV to MP4 or MOV to play FLV on Mac OS X (El Capitan included) and its players like iTunes, QuickTime, iMovie, etc;
- Convert FLV to MP4, etc in order to play FLV on iPhone, play FLV on iPad, play FLV on iPod, Apple TV and more;
- Convert FLV to Apple ProRes format so that you can edit downloaded FLV movies in Final Cut Pro as your desire;
- Convert FLV to MP4 or AVI to play FLV on Android like Samsung Galaxy, LG, Sony, HTC, Motorola, etc;
- Convert FLV to AVI, WMV to play or edit FLV videos in Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker and etc;
- Convert FLV to AVI to embed FLV into PowerPoint 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or 2000 to make a presentation;
- Convert FLV to AVI, MP4, etc for playback in game console such as Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, Vita and so on;
- Convert FLV to OGV, MXF, WebM, SWF, RM, ASF and more to play FLV videos widely as your requirement;
- Edit FLV video in many ways to let you optimize FLV before play them on various kinds of players and devices.
Convert FLV Files
If you long to complete one or more tasks as shown above, the first thing you need to do is downloading and installing Faasoft FLV Converter.
Step 1 Add FLV file
Run the program and then drag and drop the FLV file to the program directly to import file. Another recommended way is clicking "Add File" button on the top to find FLV file from your computer and then open it.
Step 2 Set output format
When the FLV is imported, click the "Profile" drop-down button to choose output format, depending on your needs.
Step 3 End the conversion
Once the output format is selected, click the round "Convert" button on the bottom and leave the rest of the work to the program.
Other FLV Players
What if we don't want to convert FLV videos? If so, you may prefer to the following information that tell you how to play FLV without converting them.
For Both Mac and Windows users, Faasoft FLV Converter is the ideal FLV player, with which, you can enjoy FLV movie on Mac and Windows with full screen and without converting FLV files.
For Mac Users: VLC, a portable, free and open-source, cross-platform media player, is compatible with Mac OS X. With it, you can play FLV files on Mac freely. The best part is that this software also has a Windows version.
For Windows Users: Besides VLC, FLV Media Player by Jujuba Software lets you play FLV files easily and with no fuss.
For Android Users: FLV Video Player for Android and Mobo Video Player Pro are the two of the most popular FLV Players for Android. Just download them on your Android to have a try.
For iDevices Users: Have you tried OPlayer Lite, Flex:player or VM Player Lite? They are all popular FLV Players that supported by iPhone, iPad, iPod.