Samsung TV MP4 - How to Play MP4 on Samsung TV without Hassle?
Convert Any MP4 to Samsung TV Format to Solve "Samsung TV Not Playing MP4" via USB, DLNA, WLAN
Can Samsung TV Play MP4?
From Samsung official website, we clearly know that Samsung TV is only compatible with MP4 in H.264/MPEG-4 AVC video codec and AAC audio codec. However, MP4 is a container format which contains various kinds of video and audio codecs. Once the MP4 files can't meet the requirement of Samsung TV input format, you'll get into trouble to play MP4 in Samsung TV. We list some examples as follow for your reference:
- I have a problem with only one of my mp4 movies. It plays in VLC, WMP, Plex app on RT and Android, but nothing but a black screen through the Plex app on my Samsung TV. I can also play it through the AllShare app on the set too. Not really a big deal as it's the only one doing this. Just curious if anyone knows why?
- I want to watch films - in .mp4 format it shows me the films on the menu screen on the TV, but when I try to play it says unsupported file.
- I just made some mp4 files with my phone. Put them on Stora and browsed to the folder with TWO TVs. A Samsung and an Aquos. The Aquos said, "Data not available". The Samsung doesn't show any files.
- It's very weird but I have mp4 files that I can see and play on my smart TV. But some of the mp4 aren't even seen by my Samsung smart TV. However on my iPhone I see them no problem.
- I tried playing some .MP4 files on my Samsung LE40B650 through Mezzmo, but unfortunately it says on my TV that the file type is not supported. One file I tried plays fine with an USB-Stick directly connected to the TV.
How to Play MP4 on Samsung TV?
To solve "Samsung TV not playing MP4" issue, a widely recommended solution is convert MP4 to Samsung TV more compatible MP4 format. Faasoft MP4 to Samsung TV Converter is the best choice to complete this task.
- Convert any MP4 files to Samsung TV more popular video formats to solve Samsung TV won't play MP4 issue;
- Convert other video formats to Samsung TV like AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, FLV, ASF, XMV, DivX, Xvid, RM, RMVB, M4V, QT, DAT, 720p/1080p AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, M2T, TS, TOD, MOD, TP, Apple ProRes, R3D, Fraps video, BIK, Flip movies, AMV, TRP, SMV etc to Samsung TV compatible formats for playback;
- Convert various kinds of audio files to Samsung TV like OPUS, Vorbis, AAC, AC3, DTS, ALAC, XWM, 3GA, M4A, M4B, MKA, RA, RAM, APE, AU, AUD, AIFF, AIFC, CAF, MPC, QCP, VOC, VOX, GSM, etc to enjoy these music on Samsung TV;
- Optimize movie or music before play them on Samsung TV in the following aspects: join many files into a bigger one, cut a large file to a smaller one, crop, add/extract/remove subtitles, rotate video, split by chapter, add watermark/music/effect, change volume/aspect ratio/bitrate, compress video and audio and so on;
- Works on both Windows (Windows 10) and Mac (Yosemite).
Convert MP4 to Samsung TV
Make preparation: download and install this useful converter freely and launch it. Next, follow the step by step guide to convert MP4 to Samsung TV.
Step 1 Import MP4 you want to convert
Click "File" menu and then select "Add File" to open MP4 file that Samsung TV can't play from your computer. Or directly drag and drop MP4 to the program.
Step 2 Set Samsung TV format
Click the drop-down button of "Profile" to choose "H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Video (*.mp4)" as output format from "General Video" category.
Step 3 Convert MP4 to Samsung TV
After the output format is selected, all you need to do is hit the big round "Convert" button of the tool to handle the conversion from MP4 to Samsung TV. The entire conversion processes will end soon.
Once the conversion is done, simply go to the "Destination" to find the converted MP4 files and then you can watch them on Samsung TV via USB, DLNA, WLAN smoothly. Why don't give this powerful tool a try today?