FLAC vs AIFF
I'd like to convert FLAC files to AIFF files so I can import them to my iTunes Libraby without any quality loss.
Why so many people want to convert FLAC to AIFF? Let's first make a comparison between FLAC and AIFF.
AIFF is an uncompressed audio format desined by Apple, so it's supported by all Apple devices and software. Similar as WAV in Windows, this format need more space to record sounds than compressed formats like MP3, AAC, .etc.
FLAC is a free lossless format. This format is a compressed format, it uses less space than uncompressed formats. Unlike MP3 and AAC, this format is lossless, it will not loss any quality during compression. However, this format is not supported by Apple devices and software.
FLAC to AIFF Converter
Faasoft FLAC to AIFF Converter is the best choice to help you complete the task. With it, you can easily convert FLAC to AIFF on Mac (EI Capitan included) or Windows (Windows 10 included).
- Convert FLAC to AIFF in 16 Bit/24 Bit with no quality loss and 30x faster conversion speed.
- Convert FLAC to AIFF in order to play FLAC in iTunes, QuickTime, play FLAC on iPhone, iPad, iPod, Play FLAC on Apple TV or edit FLAC in iMovie;
- Convert FLAC to other audio formats like FLAC to MP3, FLAC to WAV, FLAC to Apple Lossless, FLAC to DTS, FLAC to AAC, FLAC to M4A, FLAC to AC3, FLAC to WMA, AU, MP2, CAF, etc;
- Extract FLAC from MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, SWF, WTV, DivX, Xvid, MXF, MVI, OGM, WebM, H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, RM, RMVB, MOV and more;
- Convert between any audio formats and edit audio files as your will.
Convert FLAC to AIFF
Download the great FLAC to AIFF Converter and run it. The following is the guide to tell you how to convert FLAC to AIFF with this tool.
Step 1 Import FLAC files
Click "Add File" button on the top of the program and a window pops up and there select the FLAC file from your computer.
If you have a lot of FLAC files in hand and want to convert to AIFF in batch, just drag the folder where all FLAC files are to the program.
Step 2 Choose AIFF format
Click "Profile" drop-down button to choose "AIFF Audio Interchange File Format (*.aiff)" from "General Audio" category.
Click "Settings..." button to go to "Advanced Settings" and there click "Advanced". In "Audio Codec" column, choose "pcm s16 be" or "pcm s24 be", if you aims to convert FLAC to 16 bit AIFF or 24 bit AIFF.
Step 3 Start FLAC to AIFF conversion
The conversion is almost done. Just click "Convert" button on the bottom and the program activates to convert FLAC to AIFF itself.
That's it! Just three steps, you can convert FLAC to AIFF without quality loss and in batch mode.