AVCHD to MOV Converter - Convert AVHCD to QuickTime MOV
Convert Camcorders Output AVCHD File to MOV Format for Playback Widely
High Demands for Converting AVCHD to MOV
- A Panasonic video camera makes an AVCHD video format but Cannon does .MOV format. I would like to convert an AVCHD video file into the .MOV format so that it can be played in the Cannon camera. Can you recommend a good converting tool?
- I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with all these AVCHD files on my Mac. I can play them using VLC, but iMovie refuses to import them. So I'm stuck. How to convert AVCHD to MOV for iMovie?
- I have a number of clips got from my Sony Cybershot HX5V which are AVCHD (.mts) files. And I tried to send my friend who has a Mac, but she could not open the files. So I want to convert the MTS files to MOV and resend them to my friend.
- When I try to re-wrap AVCHD .MTS files recorded by my Panasonic GH2 to QuickTime .mov files, I can't find out a tool that is good for this task.
- I'd need to convert a video from .mts/.mt2s (AVCHD) format in Windows 7 to QuickTime .mov that can be opened with iMovie in a Mac.
- I have a JVC EX255 which records video in AVCHD format. So far I mainly shot video about corporate and weddings. To make a live and effective storytelling, I need to import and play and edit JVC EX255 MTS in FCPX. How to convert AVCHD files to MOV?
- I am using Sony camera and the video output is AVCHD. Anyone know of any program that I can convert from avchd to mov format?
- Mac users have an app that will rewrap AVCHD as a MOV file, and I have been looking for a similar utility on the Windows side.
AVCHD to MOV Converter
Faasoft's great AVCHD to MOV Converter is designed to deal with the high demands. With it, you can do the following things:
- Convert AVCHD files, no matter from Panasonic, Sony, Cannon or other camcorders, to MOV format in order to play AVCHD files in iTunes, iPhone, iPad, iPod, QuickTime, Xbox, etc;
- Convert AVCHD clips to MOV to edit AVCHD in iMovie or FCP for further use;
- Convert AVCHD to MOV to upload AVCHD videos to popular video sharing websites for share with others;
- Besides, this AVCHD to MOV Converter allows you to convert AVCHD to almost all kinds of video formats such as MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, ASF, DV, RM, MPG;
- If you just want to keep the audio of AVCHD files, this program also helps you extract audio from AVCHD files and then save the audio to MP3, WAV, AAC, AC3, M4A, AIFF, FLAC, CAF, MP2, DTS, WMA, and AU and so on;
- It performs as an AVCHD Editor as well to optimize AVCHD in many aspects, for example, merge, rotate, cut, crop, compress, add effect, and adjust volume.
Convert AVCHD to MOV
Run this ideal AVCHD to MOV Converter on Mac or Windows after you download and install it. And then follow the guide to convert AVCHD to MOV.
Step 1 Load AVCHD files
Click "Add File" button of this AVCHD to MOV Converter to directly open AVCHD file from your computer. Drag the folder where AVCHD files in to the program if you want to batch convert AVCHD files.
Step 2 Set MOV output format
Click the small triangle on the right of "Profile" button of the program to select "MOV QuickTime Video (*.mov)" as output format from "General Video" category.
Tips: To edit AVCHD files in FCP, choose "ProRes Apple ProRes codec (*.mov)" as output format.
Step 3 Process AVCHD to MOV conversion
After the output format is set, simply click the round "Convert" button to start and finish AVCHD to MOV conversion with nearly ZERO quality loss.
What Is AVCHD?
AVHD (Advanced Video Codec High Definition) is a HD camcorder video format adopted in Sony and Panasonic high definition digital camcorders. AVCHD offers a solution to let the large data files recorded by HD video to be saved on digital media such as DVD disks, hard disk drives and flash memory cards.
AVCHD records video at a range of resolutions including 1080p, 1080i and 720p. Most AVCHD camcorders that advertise themselves as "Full HD" models will record HD video at a resolution of 1080i.
Some camcorder directly record AVCHD to disks, or you can burn the AVCHD movie to disks your self. These disks can be played on a Blu-ray disc player.