SHN Converter Mac/Windows - Convert SHN to Many Other Audio Formats Easily
Convert SHN to FLAC, WAV, MP3, M4A, WMA, AAC, etc to Play SHN Files Widely without Hassle
Why Convert SHN Files?
SHN format is an old lossless compression format and rarely used now, but still people want to convert SHN files to more popular formats such as MP3, WAV, FLAC, M4A, AAC, WMA, etc. Why people try their best to convert SHN files? That's because SHN format is not accepted by most players and devices.
The following guide applies to:
- Convert SHN files to MP3, M4A, AAC, AIFF, Apple lossless ALAC, etc, to play SHN files in Mac OS X, iPhone, iPod, iPad, iTunes, QuickTime, etc, and it will not lead quality loss if you convert SHN to AIFF and Apple lossless ALAC;
- Convert SHN to WAV and WMA etc to play SHN files in Windows, Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, etc, and WAV is another lossless audio format so you'd better to convert SHN to WAV;
- Convert SHN files to MP3, WAV, etc for playback on Android phones like Samsung Galaxy, HTC, ZTE, Nokia, LG, Motorola, Acer, etc;
- Convert SHN to many other formats like DTS Digital Surround Audio, SUN AU, MP2, FLAC, OGG, RA, CAF, etc for widely use.
To complete the above tasks, Faasoft's wonderful SHN Converter for Mac and Windows is a nice choice.
With the help of this powerful SHN Converter, you can convert SHN files to FLAC, MP3, WAV, M4A, AIFF, ALAC, CAF, DTS, AAC, etc effortlessly. In this case, it becomes true to play SHN files in Windows Media Player, iPhone, QuickTime, iPod, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Xbox, PlayStation, iTunes and so on.
In addition to converting SHN files, this useful SHN Converter also has the features to edit SHN files, for example, capture your favorite audio parts from SHN file, join multiple SHN files into a complete one, increase audio volume, change audio bitrate, etc.
Convert SHN Files
Free download and install this SHN Converter and run it. Note that Faasoft SHN Converter has two versions: Mac version and Windows version. Please download the corresponding version. Here we will take convert SHN to MP3 as example.
Step 1 Add SHN file
The program supports importing SHN file by dragging and dropping. Another way to load SHN file is clicking "Add File" button to open SHN file from your computer.
Step 2 Set output format
Click "Profile" drop-down button to choose "MP3 MPEG Layer-3 Audio (*.mp3)" as output format from "General Audio" category.
Step 3 Edit SHN file (optional)
When the output format is set, you can also edit SHN file before start the conversion.
- Click "Trim" button to go to trim window to cut the needless parts from your SHN file;
- If you want to merge SHN files, first select the SHN files that you want to join and then select "Merge Selected into One" option from context menu;
- Click "Settings..." > "Advanced" and there you can increase or decrease audio volume, change audio channel and adjust audio Sample Rate/Bitrate, etc.
Step 4 Finish the conversion
Once all settings are done, click the big "Convert" button of the program to convert SHN files to more popular audio formats for playback without any hassle.
What Is SHN Format?
Shorten (SHN) is a file format used for compressing audio data. It is a form of data compression of files and is used to losslessly compress CD-quality audio files (44.1 kHz 16-bit stereo PCM). Shorten is no longer developed and other lossless audio codecs such as FLAC, Monkey's Audio (APE), TTA, and WavPack (WV) have become more popular. However, Shorten is still in use by some people because there are legally traded concert recordings in circulation that are encoded as Shorten files. Shorten files use the .shn file extension.