MXF Converter - How to Convert MXF to MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV etc on Mac and Windows?
Easily Convert MXF to Other More Popular Video or Audio Formats for Playback Anywhere Anytime
Why Convert MXF to AVI, MOV, MP4, etc?
MXF (Material eXchange Format) is a video container format targeted at professional video and broadcast applications established by Pro-MPEG Forum and SMPTE. It may contain compressed or uncompressed audio and video, and frame-based metadata, include timecode. Videos in MXF may be compressed in MPEG-2, DNxHD or any other formats.
Nowadays, more and more professional camcorder, like Sony XDCAM and Panasonic P2, record video into MXF format. Meanwhile, most professional video editing systems, such as Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro via XDCAM Transfer, Avid, start to support this format. However, it's impossible to directly either play MXF files in iTunes, iPhone/iPad/iPod, Windows Media Player and PowerPoint, or edit MXF in iMovie, QuickTime, Windows Movie Maker.
In this case, converting MXF to more compatible formats like MOV, AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, and ASF, etc is the most ideal and wise choice to play MXF files on most popular players and devices.
How to Convert MXF to MOV, AVI, MP4, etc?
Faasoft MXF Converter is just the right one that has the key feature of converting MXF to more popular video formats like convert MXF to MOV, convert MXF to AVI, convert MXF to MP4, WMV, MKV, ASF, FLV, OGV, DV, WebM, etc, so that playing MXF files back on various players and devices like iPhone, iPod, iPad and iTunes, or edit MXF in iMovie, Windows Movie Maker becomes possible.
In addition, and also very important, Faasoft MXF Converter is an outstanding audio extractor as well. With it, you can transform MXF to almost all kinds of audio formats like MXF to MP3, MXF to WAV, FLAC, AAC, AC3, AU, M4A, AIFF, DTS, MP2, OGG, WMA, Apple LosssLess Audio Format, etc.
Although, Faasoft MXF Converter is mainly aims at general users, it still possesses some advanced editing features like trimming, cropping, adding subtitle/watermark to videos, merging files into one, adjusting volume/bitrate of the video, rotating videos 90 degree, etc.
Start the Conversion from MXF to MOV, AVI, MP4, WMV, etc
Now, let's follow the detailed guide to start converting MXF to MOV, AVI, MP4, etc, after install and launch Faasoft MXF Converter.
Step 1 Add MXF file to Faasoft MXF Converter
Press "Add File" button to open MXF file that you want to convert. Or simply drag your MXF file to the main interface of the program to load file.
Step 2 Set output formats
Press "Profile" drop-down button to choose output formats as you need.
- Select output formats from "iPhone", "iPad and Apple TV" and "iPod" categories in order to play MXF files in iPhone, iPad, iPod, iTunes and Apple TV;
- Set output formats as "AVI Audio-Video Interleaved (*.avi)" and "WMV Windows Media Video (*.wmv)" from "General Video" category so that you can play MXF files on Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker and PowerPoint;
- Appoint "MOV QuickTime Video (*.mov)" as output format from "General Video" menu to play MXF files back on QuickTime;
- Assign "ProRes Apple ProRes codec (*.mov)" as output format from "General Video" menu so as to edit MXF file on Final Cut Pro;
- To import MXF file to iMovie, choose "iMovie Video (*.mp4)" from the "General Video" category, If you are using the Mac version of Faasoft MXF Converter. Conversely, please select "MP4 MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4)" or "H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Video (*.mp4)" as the output formats;
- If you want to extract MP3, WAV, M4A, Apple Lossless and other audio files from MXF file, set output formats from "General Audio" or "Lossless Audio" categories.
Step 3 Start the conversion
When all set done, simply press big "Convert" button on the right bottom of the program to finish the transformation of MXF to other video or audio formats with high output quality and fast conversion speed.
Play MXF Files on Mac and Windows with Any Hassle
What if we just want to watch MXF files freely on Mac (Mavericks included) or Windows (Windows 8 included) without conversion? As a free MXF Player, Faasoft MXF Converter is still the best option, with which, you can play MXF files in full screen, either Mac users or Windows users. Just drag and drop your source MXF video files to the main interface of the program, and then you can enjoy them. Better still, Faasoft MXF Converter does not only support to play MXF files but also nearly all kinds of video and audio formats for free.
Give this easy-to-use yet professional MXF Converter and Player a try today!