R3D Converter - Convert R3D to MP4, MOV, ProRes, WMV, AVI, etc
R3D Player - Convert and Play R3D Files without Limits
What Is R3D Format?
R3D (REDCODE RAW), is a proprietary video file format developed by Red Digital Cinema Camera Company. It is used as native recording format of Red digital cameras. It support 4K, 5K, even 6K captures. As a raw foramt, it stores each of the sensor's color channels separately, settings as white balance, exposure, and grading are appended to the file as metadata. REDCODE compresses video using wavelet technique, silimar in JPEG2000. This has some advantages over macro block based technique such as H.264, for example, it is very easy to get a low resolution version of the video.
Editing R3D files in Adobe Premiere/After Effects, Sony Vegas Pro, Final Cut Pro, etc is a quite easy job since R3D is compatible with these powerful editors. But what if you want to play R3D in common players or portable devices? It is nearly impossible because R3D is a non-compatible format with them. How to play R3D files anywhere? The answer is that you need to convert R3D to more popular formats.
R3D Converter for Mac and Windows
Faasoft R3D Converter is just the best one to do you a great favor in converting various REDCODE RAW footages like R3D, MOV, RSX, etc, which is powerful yet easy-to-use and complete the following tasks for you:
- To play R3D in Mac OS X as well as its players like iTunes, QuickTime, the program supports to convert R3D to MP4, MOV, etc;
- To play R3D in Windows system and its players like Windows Media Player, it enables you to convert R3D to WMV, ASF, AVI, etc;
- To edit R3D in Final Cut Pro, it helps you convert R3D to ProRes 4444, 422, 422 (HQ), 422 (LT), and 422 (Proxy);
- To import R3D into iMovie, it offers a solution to convert R3D to iMovie more popular MP4, DV, M4V formats;
- To personalize R3D in Windows Movie Maker, it lets you convert R3D to WMV, AVI, etc for better editing;
- To watch R3D in iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, etc, it allows Apple users to convert R3D to MP4 and MOV;
- To enjoy R3D in Android smart phone and tablets, it changes R3D to Android more favorite MP4 format;
- To upload R3D to YouTube, etc for share, it is capable of converting R3D to MP4, FLV, WebM, H.264, etc;
- It supports converting R3D files to many other video formats like SWF, MXF, MPEG, DV, RM, etc;
- It also supports converting R3D files to MP3, WAV, AAC, AC3, etc to extract audio from R3D video.
Convert R3D Files
Get this powerful R3D Converter by downloading and installing it. And the following guide will take convert R3D to ProRes as example to show you how to use it.
Step 1 Import R3D file
First save your R3D file in your computer and then drag and drop the R3D file that you want to convert to the program. It will be loaded instantly.
Step 2 Set ProRes format
Click "Profile" drop-down button to choose "ProRes Apple ProRes codec (*.mov)" as output format from "General Video" category.
Step 3 Change R3D to ProRes
Click "Convert" button to start changing R3D to ProRes with high output quality and fast conversion speed.
If you just want to play R3D files on your Mac or Windows, it is quite easy: just download the program and add your R3D file to it. Click "Preview" to play them. This program supports watching R3D in full screen. That's great.
If your aim is to play R3D files more widely, you'd better to follow the above steps to convert R3D files.