AVCHD Converter - How to Convert AVCHD to AVI, MOV, MP4, ProRes, etc on Mac and Windows?
A Step by Step Guide on How to Convert Camcorders Output AVCHD File to Any Other Video Formats
Have a ton of AVCHD files on hand, no matter recorded by Sony, Panasonic or by other camcorders? Want to convert them to more popular video formats like MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, etc so that you can enjoy them on Mac OS X, iTunes, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Windows Media Player, QuickTime, Android, etc, or edit them in iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, etc, or embed them into PowerPoint for a speech? Or trying to convert them to MP4, MOV, FLV, WebM, and OGV and so on in order to share AVCHD video on video sharing websites?
If so, you come to the right place. The following article will show you a powerful AVCHD Converter and a full tutorial on how to convert AVCHD to other popular video and audio formats with this converter.
Note: Here is a step by step guide on How to Convert AVCHD to MP4.
AVCHD Converter Mac and Windows
Faasoft AVCHD Converter enables to convert AVCHD videos to lots of popular formats for both Mac and Windows users.
Key Functions of This Professional AVCHD Converter
- To play AVCHD in Mac OS X, QuickTime and iTunes, Apple TV, or edit AVCHD in iMovie, Final Cut Express, convert AVCHD to MOV;
- To play AVCHD in Mac OS X, iTunes, Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, iPod, QuickTime, etc or to burn AVCHD with iDVD, convert AVCHD to MP4;
- To play AVCHD in Windows Media Player, or edit AVCHD files in Windows Movie Maker, or embed AVCHD into PowerPoint, convert AVCHD to AVI or AVCHD to WMV;
- To edit AVCHD clips in Final Cut Pro, convert AVCHD to ProRes 422 or convert AVCHD to ProRes 4444;
- To play AVCHD video in Xbox 360, PS3, Zune etc, convert AVCHD to AVI, AVCHD to MP4 or AVCHD to MOV;
- To share your AVCHD videos online, convert them to FLV, MP4, MOV, OGV, WebM, etc;
- With this powerful AVCHD Converter, you can also convert AVCHD clips to MPG, MKV, ASF, 3GP, SWF, DivX, DV, etc;
- Extract audio from AVCHD video like AVCHD to MP3, AVCHD to WAV, AVCHD to AC3, AVCHD to AAC, AVCHD to FLAC, AVCHD to M4A, etc;
- It will help you if you want to optimize your AVCHD files before conversion.
A Quick Guide to AVCHD Converter
First and most important, download and install this powerful AVCHD Converter. After launch it, just follow the steps below. Here we take convert AVCHD to AVI as an example.
Step 1 Add AVCHD file
This ideal AVCHD Converter supports importing files by drag and drop. Just drag your AVCHD to the main interface of AVCHD Converter to load AVCHD file quickly.
Step 2 Set AVI as output format
Click the drop-down button of "Profile" to choose "AVI Audio-Video Interleaved (*.avi)" as output format from "General Video" category.
Tips: Select output popular video or audio formats from relevant categories as your desire.
Step 3 Convert AVCHD to AVI
This final step simply finishes AVCHD to AVI conversion by clicking the big "Convert" button of the program.
How to Optimize AVCHD Fie before Conversion?
After add AVCHD file to Faasoft AVCHD Converter, press "Trim" button and a window will pop up.
- Press "Trim" tab to capture your favorite clips from the AVCHD video by setting the start time and end time;
- Press "Crop" tab to remove black bar from AVCHD movie or adjust the video aspect ratio like 19:6 or 4:3;
- Press "Image" tab to modulate AVHCD image brightness, saturation and contrast as your liking;
- Press "Watermark" tab to add text or picture watermarks to the output AVI file;
- Press "Effect" tab to add video effects like "Black and White", "Carving", "Shadow" or "Old Film" to the output AVI video ;
- In the same window as the above one, check "Deinterlace" to convert interlaced video into a non-interlaced form;
- Press "Subtitle" tab to add or remove subtitle to the input video.
Click "Setting" button > "Advanced" tab, there you can process more advanced settings.
In order to merge or split AVCHD files, click "Merge Selected into One" or "Split by Chapter" from context menu option.
AVCHD on Mac
From Mac OS X 10.8, the AVCHD folder is shown as a package. Please use "Show Package Contents..." from context menu to open it, find all mts files and drag them into our converter. Or, you can rename AVCHD to other name, then, you can go into it from our Add File menu.