iTunes MKV - Convert MKV to iTunes MP4, MOV to Play MKV in iTunes
The Best Way to Convert MKV to iTunes Supported Formats to Add and Import MKV to iTunes for Playback
Can iTunes Play MKV Files?
Many people encountered the same or similar issue: it failed when we intended to play MKV in iTunes or transfer them to iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple TV through iTunes. Why we can't add MKV to iTunes? How to import MKV to iTunes?
MKV (Matroska Video Format) is an open free multimedia container format, usually used to wrap movies with several audio and subtitle tracks. Although some famous players like VLC support it, iTunes doesn't. You even cannot add MKV file to iTunes media library. Until the latest version of iTunes, iTunes 11, it only accepts MOV, MP4, and M4V video format.
To import MKV to iTunes, converting MKV to iTunes compatible MP4, MOV is the easiest and fastest way. After MKV to iTunes conversion, you can smoothly play MKV in iTunes, iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple TV.
How to Convert MKV to iTunes MP4, MOV?
As a professional MKV to iTunes Converter, Faasoft MKV to iTunes Converter (Mac Version) owns the function of converting MKV videos to iTunes more popular formats. What's more, although there are many MKV to iTunes Converter today, most of them works for Mac users. Faasoft MKV to iTunes Converter has two versions: one is designed for Mac users and the other for Windows users.
Faasoft MKV to iTunes Converter also performs an important function in the following aspects:
- Convert MKV to iTunes recognized audio formats, no matter MP3, CAF, AIFF, AC3, M4A or Apple LossLess;
- Convert almost all kinds of video files and audio files like WMV, AVI, FLV, MXF, WebM, OGV, AVCHD, 3GP, FLAC, OGG, WMA, CAF, AU and etc to iTunes compatible formats;
- Convert MKV to AVI, WMV to play MKV on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Media Player, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc;
- Convert MKV to iPod, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Xbox, PS3 corresponding formats;
- Convert MKV to WebM to put MKV videos on your website for those Chrome, Firefox users;
- Convert HD MKV to relevant HD formats as your need to keep the quality of the video and audio of the source files.
Start MKV to iTunes Conversion
Free download and install this powerful MKV to iTunes Converter - Faasoft MKV to iTunes Converter, and then follow the step by step guide to finish MKV to iTunes transformation.
Step 1 Add MKV files to MKV to iTunes Converter
Simply drag and drop MKV files to MKV to iTunes Converter. If you want to batch convert a couple of MKV files, put them in one folder and then drag this MKV folder to MKV to iTunes Converter, you'll see the files are loading in the task list in order quickly.
Step 2 Choose MP4 or MOV as the output formats
Press "Profile" drop - down button to select "MP4 MPEG-4 Video (*.MP4)" or "MOV QuickTime Video (*.mov)" as the output formats from "General Video" category.
- If you care about the quality, please designate "H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Video (*.MP4)" as output format from "General Video" category;
- If you want to sync the converted MKV files to iPhone, iPad, iPod through iTunes, please appoint the corresponding formats from "Profile" as the output formats;
- If your source MKV files are HD, please pick output formats from "HD Video" category;
- If you just want to play the audio of your MKV files in iTunes, please set output formats as "MP3 MPEG-3 Audio (*.mp3)", "M4A MPEG-4 Audio (*.m4a)", "AIFF Audio Interchange File Format (*.aiff)" or "AC3 Dolby Digital AC-3 (*.ac3)" as the output formats;
- If you not only want to play the audio of MKV files in iTunes but also care about the quality, please choose "ALAC Apple LossLess Audio (*.m4a)" from "Apple LossLess" category.
Step 3 Start Converting MKV to iTunes
Click the big "Convert" button to start and finish MKV to iTunes conversion.
Tips: MKV file usually contains several audio and subtitle tracks, the output MOV or MP4 file only contains one audio and one or zero subtitle tracks. Please select the audio and subtitle you want from MKV file before you start the conversion. You can preview the audio and subtitle before conversion in the player window.
Step 4 Import MKV to iTunes
After the transformation done, click "Open Folder" button on the main interface of MKV to iTunes Converter, you can find the converted MKV files there. Then begin adding MKV to iTunes.
Start iTunes, and then choose File > Add File to Library to import the converted MKV file to iTunes or just drag and drop this converted MKV to the iTunes Movie Library.
Now you successfully import MKV to iTunes to play MKV in iTunes with MKV to iTunes Converter.