As a pretty famous file extension, MP4 can be found in lots of places, which means, you may get some MP4 videos from your friends, colleagues, etc, download MP4 videos from video-sharing sites like YouTube, etc, shot MP4 videos with camcorders and so on. It's quite easy to play MP4 files in popular portable devices like iOS, Android, QuickTime, etc or edit MP4 files in most frequently used editors such as iMovie and Final Cut Pro. But the problem with MP4 is, when you want to burn MP4 to DVD and watch them on your TV set, you may need a professional DVD tool to help you convert MP4 to DVD. Here is a typical example:
I have an MP4 movie I want to make into a DVD for playing on a DVD player. How do I do this?
There are lots of MP4 to DVD Converters and they all claim to be the best DVD tools to burn MP4 to DVD. However, it is hard to decide which one to choose. If you have that same problem, you come to the right place.
The Best MP4 to DVD Converter
At the very beginning, we highly recommend this MP4 to DVD Converter (for Mac, for Windows) which is touted as the best and more professional DVD burning tool to burn MP4 to DVD in high quality DVD-video disc.
- Burn from almost all videos like AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MKV, MOV, MPG, ASF, 3GP, RM, RMVB, etc and audio formats like MP3, WAV, etc and image formats like BMP, PNG, GIF, etc to DVD;
- Convert videos to all popular recordable disc types like DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-5 and DVD-9, etc;
- Burn to Blu-ray discs such as BD-R, BD-RE, BD-25 and BD-50.
- Personalize video, audio and image like add effects, rotate, combine, etc before burning;
- Offer a series of DVD templates and also support downloading templates as your need;
- Burn video to DVD in easy steps.
Convert MP4 to DVD
Get the trial version of the perfect MP4 to DVD Converter and follow the guide as below to convert MP4 to DVD successfully.
Step 1 Install and run the program on your computer. Directly drag and drop MP4 to the program. Alternatively, you can click "+ Import" button to load the video files to the program.
Tips: Click the "Pencil" icon in left column to access the editing options or click "Menu" tab from tool bar and there find the templates.
Other MP4 to DVD Burners for Reference
In the following paragraphs, we introduce top two MP4 to DVD Converters in detail.
1. DVD Flick
DVD Flick is a powerful yet easy-to-use DVD Authoring tool. It helps you convert a wide range of video files to DVD and lets you enjoy videos in your DVD player, Media Center or Home Cinema Set.
- Add additional custom audio tracks, subtitles as well as a menu for easier navigation;
- Support for over 60 video codecs and 40 audio codecs;
- Burn video to DVD is easy with an easy-to-use interface;
- Completely free without any adware, spyware or limitations
Sometimes the picture quality went down a bit, and the audio and video got out of sync. And it was not updated after 2009.
Download DVD Flick from http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php
2. Sothink Movie DVD Maker (Windows)
Sothink Movie DVD Maker is a software for converting video like MP4, AVI, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, 3GP, M4V, TS, M2TS, etc to DVD and then play DVD on conventional DVD players. It has a friendly user interface to make it pretty easy to burn video to DVD.
- Support burning a lot of video stored on your computer to DVD;
- Save the created DVD as an ISO file or a DVD folder;
- Trim the video to remove portions that you don't want to include Source;
- Create DVD up to 1080p and HD camera movies.
You may need some other 3rd party burning tools to burn the create DVD to blank DVDs. And it is poor of editing features.
More information here: http://www.sothinkmedia.com/free-movie-dvd-maker.htm