Does anyone know if you can get iMovie for Windows 7? I have Windows and can't afford a Mac right now but love the iMovie software.
When it comes to iMovie, almost all Apple users rave about it. iMovie makes it easier and faster to create and share your unique home videos. Unfortunately, there are only two version of iMovie: one for Mac OS X (iMac/Macbook) and one for iOS (iPhone/iPad). If you are a Windows user, you’d better to download an alternative to iMovie for Windows to replace iMovie.
iMovie for Windows
There are numerous of tools that claim to completely do what iMovie does. But among which, this iMovie for Windows is the one that is the most similar to iMovie. Even better, this imovie alternative for windows is equipped with more amazing features than iMovie.
- Support all media formats that are compatible with iMovie but more than that, for example, iMovie does not support image at all, conversely this iMovie for Windows does.
- Support basic editing features to allow you to crop and trim video, rotate, split and merge, adjust aspect ratio and much more.
- Personalize your creation with over a hundred amazing effects such as transition effects, picture in picture, auto contrast and brightness enhancement, sound effects and so on.
- Create a professional-grade video with advanced effects like Face Off, detects the scene boundaries in your video, Mosaic, etc.
- One click to share your video creation with your family, friends and the rest of the world.
- Is fully compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7
How to Use this iMovie for PC?
First download and install the trial version of iMovie for Windows. It also has a Mac version. Then run it.
Step 1 Import your media file
Go to "File" > "Import Media" option to add your local video files to the User's album. Alternatively, dragging and dropping the target files from the computer to this app's album is supported.
Step 2 Touch up your media
After the media file is loaded, you are in the main editing window. Here personalize your video, audio and pictures as your need.
Step 3 Share the masterpiece
After series of powerful editing and adding effects, your home movie turns to something extraordinary. Click “Export” button and select the output method: save to computer, burn to DVD, upload to social media, etc.
Other Alternative to iMovie for Windows
Windows Movie Maker is another widely mentioned iMovie for Windows alternative. You can use Windows Movie Maker to create a video work on Windows. For more detail, read this guide.
Both software are similar in layout and useful for those interested in making and editing movies in an easy, simple way. However, Windows Movie Maker is not the same with iMovie. Check the details as below:
- iMovie is rich in options for both beginners and advanced users, whereas Windows Movie Maker is much suitable for beginners.
- Windows Movie Maker contains simple effects like transition, title option, photo adjustments, etc. But iMovie offers the users with wide range of advanced effects and Green/blue screen option is available.
- iMovie is available on iOS but Windows Movie Maker is only compatible with Windows OS.
- You can connect iMovie with GarageBand and iTunes but WMM can’t.