PS4 MP4 - How to Play MP4 on PS4?
Convert MP4 to PS4 More Popular Formats to Play MP4 on PS4
PS4 Can't Play MP4
The PlayStation 4 (PS4), launched on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe, South America and Australia, is a home video game console powered by Sony Computer Entertainment. It competes with Nintendo's Wii U and Microsoft's Xbox One, as part of the eighth generation of video game consoles. Sales of the PlayStation 4 have been significantly high; during the 2013 fiscal year, Sony led in global sales of video game consoles for the first time since 2005, led by strong sales of PS4 consoles. As of January 2016, at least 35.9 million PlayStation 4 units have been sold worldwide.
With the surge in sales, the problem comes with: Does PS4 play MP4 video? MP4, as one of the most common formats, is widely used nowadays, and PS4 is no exception. According to the official, PS4 is compatible with MP4. However, PS4 won't play MP4 sometimes or there is only video or audio when people play MP4 files in PS4. Why? That's because PS4 only supports this kind of MP4:
- Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
- Audio: AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)
When the MP4 file you add to PS4 is not accord with above demands, the issue comes.
Can PS4 Play MP4
Apparently, what we should do is to convert any MP4 to PS4 more compatible formats in order to solve "PS4 won't Play MP4" issue. Faasoft MP4 to PS4 Converter for Mac and Windows is just the best one to do this job, which is used by millions of users. With it, the following problems will be readily solved:
- Convert MP4 with any video or audio codecs that PS4 unsupported to PS4 more likely video formats for playback;
- Solve other PS4 and video issues like PS4 won't play MKV, PS4 won't play AVI, PS4 won't play WMV, PS4 won't play FLV and so on;
- Besides PS4, this MP4 to PS4 Converter can help game console users solve many problems like can PS3 play MKV, PS3 won't play MP4, PS3 can't play AVI, how to play MKV on Xbox 360, etc;
- Convert video and audio in order to play them in most popular portable devices like Android, iPhone, iPad, iPod, BlackBerry, PSP, Xbox One, Creative Zen, Zune, Samsung Galaxy, Google Nexus, Microsoft Surface and so on;
- Convert video and audio so that let you enjoy or edit them in iTunes, QuickTime, Windows Media Player, VLC and other media players and iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, Adobe Primere, etc;
- Edit video and audio in many ways like remove or add subtitle, change audio channel, adjust audio volume, trim, cut, merge, split and so on to meet your requirements.
Convert MP4 to PS4 Supported Formats
Now let's finish the conversion from MP4 to PS4 supported formats to solve your issue. Before that, what you first should do is to download and install Faasoft MP4 to PS4 Converter on your Mac or Windows.
Step 1 Import MP4 file
In this step, there are two options for you: click "Add File" button to select MP4 file from your computer and then click "Open" or just drag and drop MP4 file to the program.
Step 2 Choose output format
After importing file to the program, just click the drop-down button on the right side of "Profile" to select "PS4 H.264 Video(*.mp4)" from PlayStation group as output format.
Step 3 Start the conversion
When all settings are done, click the big "Convert" button on the bottom and then the converter will finish the rest of the job automatically. And the converted file will be loaded in the designated directory.
Copy Converted MP4 file to PS4 by USB Drive
After conversion done, you need transfer the converted MP4 file to PS4 by USB drive.
First, insert a USB drive into your computer, copy the converted MP4 onto it.
Second, insert the USB drive into USB port of PS4, then go to the main menu, select "Video" and find your USB Drive, select "Display All" to show the video files on the USB drive. Please choose the file that you want to transfer and press the triangle button, choose "Copy" and confirm, the movie will be transferred to your PS4 hard drive, then you can play it.