I got a MXG file from an IP Camera, I want to give it as evidence in court. Hower, I found my player cannot play it. And I tried other players like VLC, KMPlayer, none of them can play it. Can anyone give me some advice?
Many people encounter such situation when they want to play MXG files with popular players on Windows and Mac, and most portable devices like iPad, iPhone, Android and more, for example, get an error message when play MXG on Windows Media Player. In view of the above mentioned fact, we suggest you to convert MXG file to some format that has good compatibility like convert MXG to MP4. To do it, the first thing you need to do is to find a professional MXG Converter.
MXG Converter for Mac and Windows
Faasoft MXG Converter (for Mac, for Windows) stands out from almost all effective video converter tools, no matter online or desktop, and is widely used by both Mac OS X and Windows users. Why? Because it is more than you can convert MXG to MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, MKV, FLV, SWF and so on. Let me walk you through the reasons.
- This program is quite easy-to-use and all conversion can be done in three steps: add file to it, set output format, finish the conversion;
- This MXG Converter is compatible with nearly all video, audio and image files and can output many common file formats for further use;
- This MXG Converter tool comes with a wide range of frequently-used video editing functions which let you optimize your file efficiently;
- It also builds in a lot of integrating options and preset to enhance your source file;
- Can work well on both Windows and Mac.
Convert MXG Files
Here, I'll take converting MXG to MP4 for example to show you how this perfect app performs. Please note that this MXG Converter can also be used as MXG to AVI converter, MXG to MOV Converter, MXG to WMV Converter, MXG to MKV Converter, MXG to FLV Converter and more, as well as MXG Player on Mac and Windows.
Step 1 Import MXG files
Download and install the trial version of this MXG to MP4 Converter, then run it. There are two ways that are highly recommended to import your local video files:
1. Click "Add File" button on the top left corner of the primary window, then browse and select your target MXG file from your computer.
2. This program supports directly dragging and dropping files. Hence, just drag your MXG file to the software's pane.
Step 2 Set MP4 as output format
Hit the drop-down icon besides "Profile" and then find the "General Video" category. And there, choose "MP4 MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4)" as output format.
If it is necessary to change the settings of the output files before conversion, go to "Settings..." and then set all parameters as desire.
Take a Look at What MXG Format Is
Files with .mxg extension is MxPEG clips, video clips encoded with MxPEG codec. This file format is used by MOBOTIX IP Camera. MxPEG is a video encoding method very sililar to famous image format JPEG. Here are the technique details of MxPEG codec and MxPEG clip file: http://developer.mobotix.com/docs/mxpeg_frame.html.