How to Convert AVCHD, AVI, MOV, WMV, FLV, MKV, 3GP, MXF, WebM, etc to iMovie (iMovie 11 Included)?
Easily Import AVCHD, AVI, MOV, WMV, FLV, MKV, 3GP, MXF, WebM, etc to iMovie 11/10/09/08/HD for Playback or Edit
Symptoms in Importing Video to iMovie
Does iMovie support AVI, MOV, AVCHD, WMV, FLV, MKV, 3GP, MXF, WebM, etc? Can I successfully import MOV, AVCHD, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, 3GP, MXF, WebM, etc to iMovie? Here list some symptoms when importing video to iMovie as example:
- Does iMovie support native AVCHD (.mts) files? I'm using iMovie 11. Or it has the same painful way of importing and converting AVCHD files to the other format like iMovie 09?
- When I try to manually import the files from the SD card, iMovie says there are no recognizable files, although the AVCHD files are definitely there.
- I want to import all of the clips into iMovie 11 and edit them. The problem I am having firstly is that iMovie won't recognise the MTS files.
- I have searched and tried several different programs. I need a free converter that will convert iMovie files to .avi format I want to be able to post my videos on Facebook.
- I have an avi file that I cannot get into iMovie. I have downloaded the divx converter, and player. Now the movie will play in divx, or quick time, but I still cannot get it to iMovie. Can someone please help?
- When I open the .mov file, the movie will only play in my QuickTime viewer. How do I change the format so it is compatible with iMovie?
- I'm a newbie to iMovie and can't seem to drag various .wmv files to it, so that I can merge them together to play as one movie. Any way to accomplish this?
- I would like to convert a 3GB MKV to something I can work with in iMovie.
- I'm using iMovie 06 and I need to get a flash animation into it, so can anyone please tell me how to make these files compatible so that my animation can appear in my iMovie project?
Officials says DV, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MOV and M4V file types are compatible with iMovie. To import various kinds of video like AVI, MOV, AVCHD, WMV, FLV, MKV, 3GP, MXF, WebM, etc to iMovie, you'd better to convert them to iMovie supported formats.
How to Convert AVI, MOV, AVCHD, WMV, FLV, MKV, 3GP, MXF, WebM, etc to iMovie?
Faasoft iMovie Converter, a professional iMovie video converter, can easily convert almost all kinds of video and movie to iMovie compatible formats like AVCHD to iMovie, AVI to iMovie, MOV to iMovie, WMV to iMovie, MKV to iMovie, FLV to iMovie, 3GP to iMovie, MXF to iMovie, WebM to iMovie, etc.
Key Features of Faasoft iMovie Converter:
- Convert 720p/1080p AVCHD, AVI, MOV, WMV, FLV, MKV, 3GP, MXF, WebM, WTV, DVR-MS, WMV, ASF, ASX, F4V, SWF, 3G2, 3GPP, 3GPP2, MP4, TOD, MOD, TP, Apple ProRes, H.263, H.264, RM, RMVB, MOV, M4V, QT, DAT, etc to iMovie supported formats;
- Convert nearly all kinds of audio formats like WAV, DTS, ALAC, OGG, OGA, FLAC, WMA, XWM, 3GA, M4A, M4B, MKA, RAM, APE, AU, AUD, AIFF, AIFC, CAF, MPC, QCP, VOC, VOX, GSM, etc, to iMovie supported formats;
- Convert iMovie videos to other video formats like ASF, AVI, DivX Video, MOV, MPEG4 Video, MPEG1 Video, MPEG2 Video, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Video, RM, VCD Video, WMV, Xvid Video, Matroska Video, WebM Video, ProRes Video, OGV Video, FLV, SWF, etc;
- Extract iMovie videos to audio formats like DTS Digital Surround Audio, AC3, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, SUN AU, M4A, MP2, MP3, OGG, RA, WAV, WMA, etc;
- Edit video or audio files before importing them to imovie in trim, crop, add subtitle/effect/image, adjust volume/bitrate/sample rate etc, join files, split by chapter, etc.
A Quick Guide to Faasoft iMovie Converter
Here is a step by step guide on how to use Faasoft iMovie Converter to convert MOV, AVCHD, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, 3GP, MXF, WebM, etc, to iMovie. Before start the conversion, first free download and install Faasoft iMovie Converter.
Step 1 Load video file to Faasoft iMovie Converter
Simple drag and drop your source video file like AVCHD, MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, 3GP, MXF, WebM, etc to the main interface of Faasoft iMovie Converter to load the file.
Step 2 Set iMovie supported formats
Click "Profile" drop-down button to select "iMovie Video (*.mp4)" as output format from "General Video" category.
Step 3 Convert video to iMovie
Click "Convert" button of the program to start and finish video to iMovie conversion with fast speed and high output quality.
How to Import Video to iMovie?
For iMovie prior to 2013 (iMovie '08, '09, '11):
Import movie from your Mac: From menu choose File -> Import -> Movies... and locate the video file you want to import to your iMove project. Or drag your video file from Finder and drop on the Event in the Libraries list in iMove.
Import movie from camcorder: 1. Connect your camcorder to your Mac via FireWire or USB port. 2. From menu choose File -> Import From Camera.
For iMovie 2013 (iMovie 10.0):
No matter from Mac, camcorder or iOS device, you can click the Import button in the toolbar or by choosing File -> Import Media, then select from Cameras, Devices, or Favorites.