If you are a great sports fan, it goes without saying that you are intimately familiar with GoPro, which produces a line of action cameras to let users capture the exciting moment during extreme sports and adventurous activities and share to the world. However, the problems come out when you play, edit or share GoPro video. Let's see a typical example as below:
Issue: I captured several 4K video with my GoPro HERO camera. Before sharing them on YouTube, I need to edit them in Final Cut Pro. However, FCP doesn't accept them. I'm hunting hardly to get a GoPro Video Converter to convert these several 4K videos to FCP preferred video formats but no luck. It's kind of an emergency. Any solution would be great appreciated.
Solution: GoPro cameras record in HD video, for example, the video are saved in MPEG-4 format with H.264 codec shot by GoPro Hero 4/3/2, and most GoPro cameras record in very high definition like 1080P or even 4K resolution, which leads to very huge file size. These huge video files are not suitable for playback, editing or uploading to video sites. Therefore, GoPro camera users dig around online for a video converter tool to convert the recorded video to more popular formats for playback and editing.
If you are in the same trouble, don't need to look further and just read on this step by step guide which will teach you how to accomplish the job. As far as I'm concerned, Faasoft GoPro Video Converter (for Windows, for Mac) is good at converting GoPro video, including HD videos, to diverse formats as need.
- Support reading footage recorded by all GoPro cameras, like GoPro Hero, GoPro Hero3 White, GoPro Hero3+ Silver, GoPro Hero4 Black, GoPro Hero4 Silver, etc;
- Convert GoPro recorded video, no matter 4K video or 1080p full HD video, to more famous video formats like MOV, AVI, MP4, FLV, WMV, etc;
- Convert GoPro HD video and 4K video to any other formats as well as keep the output original file intact;
- Directly convert GoPro video to optimized preset for almost all modern devices like Android, iPhone, Apple TV, Xbox and more;
- Edit GoPro video with a powerful video editing tool which allows you to merge, split, add effects/subtitle, change image brightness, etc;
- Besides GoPro video, this app has the ability of converting video, audio and image in any formats.
Convert GoPro Video
Here, we will show you as below how to convert GoPro Video with this reliable program in Windows platform. And, this GoPro Video Converter is also available for Mac OS X. Click "Free Download" button to get the trial version of this app.
Step 1 Add GoPro video
After installing the GoPro Video Converter as the wizard, run it and follow the two methods as below to import GoPro video:
- 1. Simply drag your GoPro video to this program main window. If you want to convert several GoPro video at one go, put all video in one folder and then drag the folder to the program to import GoPro video.
- 2. Move your mouse to "Add File" icon and hit it. Choose and open GoPro video from your computer.
Step 2 Set output formats
Press the down arrow button beside "Profile" icon and select the output format from "General Video" category, "HD Video" category or other corresponding devices
Step 3 Finish the conversion
Press the big "Convert" button on the bottom right corner and this GoPro Video Converter is activated. Leave this program finish the rest of work automatically. When the conversion is done, you can play GoPro video on iPhone, Android, PSP, Xbox, etc, edit in FCP, iMovie, etc and share to YouTube, Vimeo and more.