Flip4Mac is well known as a component of QuickTime to support Windows Media video. With it, you can play Windows Media files (.wma and .wmv) directly in QuickTime applications and view Windows Media content on the Internet using a web browser. For QuickTime users, Flip4Mac is a boon. However, it can't do everything:
- Only works on Mac OS X from 10.6.8 to 10.11.6;
- Some WMV files are not supported sometimes;
- Easy to crash when you are enjoying a video;
- Not free anymore.
In these cases, people have to search further to get an alternative to Flip4Mac. Let me walk you through an example:
I'm just upgrading to macOS Sierra. When I played a WMV video with QuickTime, I got an error message. I have checked my computer to ensure Flip4Mac is installed. But QuickTime still refuses to play my file. After searching online, I noted that Flip4Mac is not compatible with macOS Sierra. Now, I think I need an alternative.
Faasoft Video Converter for Mac is such a Flip4Mac alternative, which provides you an easy way to play any video files on Mac OS X without installing any third-party software and codecs. Not only that, it can do more than Flip4Mac and let's take a look at the main features of this Flip4Mac Alternative.
- Convert Windows medias like AVI, WMV, WMA, ASF, etc to QuickTime preferred video formats for playback;
- Convert other video like MKV, SWF, AVCHD, MTS/M2TS, MOD, TOD, 3GP to QuickTime more supported formats;
- Convert video to a lot of video, audio and image formats, including MP4, AVI, MOV, MP3, WAV, PNG, JPG, etc;
- Convert video and audio to optimized preset for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, Xbox, PSP, Windows Phones and more;
- Convert audio to/from MP3, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, FLAC, CAF, etc with a few clicks;
- The conversion can process at 30X faster speed and highly output quality;
- Play and preview video, audio and image in many formats on both Mac and Windows;
- Also compatible with Windows 10 and earlier.
How to Use Flip4Mac Alternative?
Faasoft Video Converter for Mac enables you to convert video to QuickTime supported MOV or MP4 format. To get started, download the trial version and install on your Mac OS X. Without further ado, follow the guide to learn how this alternative to Flip4Mac works.
Step 1 Import media files
Start this Flip4Mac alternative after the installation is done. There are two common-used methods to import file to the program. You can drag the media file llike WMV, AVI, etc to this application's main interface or click "Add File" icon to open file from your computer.
Note: This powerful application allows you to convert several files at one go. Put all video files that you want to convert into one folder and then drag the folder to the app. In this way, you can save a lot of time and avoid duplication of work.
Step 2 Set output format for QuickTime
Hit the down arrow button next to "Profile" section and choose "MOV QuickTime Video (*.mov)" under "General Video" category from the pop-up menu.
Step 3 Start the conversion
After making sure everything is done, move your mouse to the big "Convert" button on the bottom and this Flip4Mac alternative is activated. The conversion can be finished as soon as possible. During the conversion, have a cup of coffee and take a rest. Once done, go to "Open Folder" pane to get the converted file.
Note that this alternative to Flip4Mac also lets you edit video with a built-in editing tool. Click "Effect" icon on the top and go to "Video Edit" pane. Next, you can add effects/subtitle/audio to video, crop video to remove black bars and more.