I've updated my MacBook Pro to high sierra and also FCPX to V 10.4. I thought that the new FCPX version allowed you to export using H.265 to get smaller yet same quality video files. I don't see H.265 as an option, however, when I try to export the file.
Given above is a troubleshooting to export Final Cut Pro project to H.265. Why people are so keen to export HEVC from Final Cut Pro? HEVC (also called H.265) is a successor to H.264, which comes with the same level of picture quality as AVC/H.264 but a better compression. That means people can save a lot of space while don't sacrifice the quality of picture. Unfortunately users can't export H.265 directly from FCP. One of the most common solutions is to install Compressor. What if you don't want to install Compressor? Another recommended solution is to convert Final Cut Pro output project to H.265 with some video converting tools.
Final Cut Pro to H.265 Converter
Converting FCP project to H.265/HEVC would be an easy job only if you choose the right converter tool. If you already have a converter program on your computer, just check whether it supports converting to H.265/HEVC. If there is no better option, I especially recommend you Faasoft Video Converter (for Mac, for Windows) which is the best of the bunch.
- Convert Final Cut Pro project to H.265/HEVC with easy steps;
- Convert Final Cut Pro project to many other video formats like WMV, MKV, FLV, AVI, MP4, MOV, OGV, MPG, ASF and more;
- Extract audio from FCP project and save the extracted audio into AIFF, ALAC, DTS, MP3, MP2, WAV, FLAC, CAF, AU, M4A, RA, VOC, etc;
- Convert all video and audio formats to Final Cut Pro supported video formats ProRes for editing video into FCP;
- Convert exported video from iPhone, iPad, Android phone, Sony Camera, Canon Camera, etc to H.265/HEVC;
- Convert downloaded video from Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and other social websites to H.265/HEVC;
- Convert all video and audio on both Mac and Windows.
How to Convert Final Cut Pro to H.265/HEVC?
To better show you how Faasoft Video Converter converts FCP to H.265/HEVC, we'd like to share a step-by-step guide with you. To start with, hit on "Free Download" to get the trial version of Faasoft Video Converter.
Step 1 Add Final Cut Pro project
Install and run the application. Export project from Final Cut Pro to video formats like ProRes, H.264, HDV, etc and then drag the output project to the main interface of this FCP to H.265/HEVC Converter. Or click "Add File" button to browse your computer, find the target FCP file and load it to the program.
If you want to handle several FCP projects at one go, the easiest way to add these files is to put them in one folder and then drag the folder to the application. All files will be loaded in order and quickly.
Step 3 Export FCP to H.265/HEVC
Now the output format is set, just click the round "Convert" button on the lower-right and Faasoft FCP to H.265 Converter start converting FCP project to H.265/HEVC in no time. After the conversion is done, switch to "Open Folder" to fetch the converted H.265/HEVC video. That's it!
Now you must have a clear idea of how to export Final Cut Pro to H.265/HEVC.