In video files, there are two kinds of subtitle: hard subtitle and soft subtitle. Hard subtitle is a part of the video images so that you cannot disable or hide it when playing the video file. Soft subtitle is an independent stream and it is easy to turn on or turn off it while playing.
When play the soft subtitle, player must extract, decode, and render the subtitle over the video image. It costs extra CPU power. So, many players on mobile devices doesn't support soft subtitle. If you want to enjoy the movies with soft subtitle on these mobile devices, you should convert the soft subtitle into hard subtitle.
How to Convert Soft Subs to Hard Subs?
In case like this, you need a comprehensive Soft Subtitles to Hard Subtitles Converter like Faasoft Video Converter which does well in changing soft subs to hard subs.
- Convert soft subtitles to hard subtitles with three steps and fast conversion speed.
- Convert soft subs to hard subs as well as w/o change the video format as your wish.
- Support converting video in any formats to more popular and acceptable formats.
- Support extracting audio from video and save to M4A, WAV, MP3, ALAC, AIFF, etc.
- Add special effects to your videos, such as text, subtitles, watermarks and more before conversion.
Steps about Convert Soft Subs to Hard Subs
Here's how you can convert soft subtitles to hard subtitles using Faasoft Video Converter. Before you continue, download and install the trial version of the program on your computer and run it.
Step 2 Settings for subtitles
Click the drop-down button of "Video Subtitle" box on the video info bar and from the pop-up menu select the subtitle that need to convert to hard subtitles.
Before proceeding to convert subtitles, you can specify the output format as will by clicking "Profile" drop-down button.