Why Convert MP4 to ProRes?
If you are confused about why convert MP4 to ProRes and how to complete this task, you're not alone. Let's first see several examples from popular forums.
- Need to edit an MP4 in FCP7. The file is a 22 min. HD vid, 1080x1920 and 760MB in size. Knowing that ProRes 422 is most stable, so does anyone know how to convert MP4 to ProRes 422?
- Can I convert my clip downloaded from Pond5 from an HD .mp4 file to ProRes for use in FCP? I have no idea.
- Is there any advantage of formatting mp4 to 422 HQ? An old question I keep asking. But I still get no answer.
- I have a large number of MP4 clips (H.264) which I need to convert to use ProRes422 in order to be able to use them in FCP. How?
As we all know, Apple ProRes is mainly used for editing in Final Cut Pro/X. The best part of it is its lossless video codec. It can be classified into five versions: Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Apple ProRes 422 (Standard), Apple ProRes 422 (LT), and Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy).
To better edit MP4 in Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Pro X, you need to convert MP4 to Apple ProRes.
How to Convert MP4 to ProRes?
The wonderful Faasoft MP4 to ProRes Converter helps you easily convert MP4 to Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 422 (LT), and Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy). Before the conversion, it can optimize MP4 files in merging, cutting, splitting, changing audio tracks, adjusting audio volume/bitrate, adding effect/subtitle/watermark, etc.
- Besides MP4, it also lets you convert MXF to ProRes, AVCHD to ProRes, AVI to ProRes, MKV to ProRes, WMV to ProRes, FLV to ProRes, ASF to ProRes, etc;
- Conversely, it allows you to convert ProRes to many other video formats like MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, MKV, ASF, FLV, MXF, WebM, etc for better view;
- Supports converting videos between any two video formats, such as MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, M4V, MOV, 3GP, FLV, and so on;
- Extract audio from video, for example, extract MP3 from MP4, extract WAV from AVI, etc;
- Convert a wide number of audio files like FLAC, CAF, QCP, ALAC, AIFF, M4B, DTS, VOC, XWM, MPC, etc;
- Is compatible with both Mac (El Capitan included) and Windows (Windows 10 included).
Convert MP4 to ProRes 422/4444
Download and install MP4 to ProRes Converter on your Mac or Windows. Here is a guide to tell you how to use it.
Step 2 Set ProRes format
Click "Profile" drop-down button to select output format as "ProRes Apple ProRes codec (*.mov)" from "General Video" category.
If you want to convert MP4 to Apple ProRes 4444 or Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) or Apple ProRes 422 (Standard) or Apple ProRes 422 (LT) or and Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy), click "Settings..." > "Advanced" > "Video Codec" > "Profile" and there, you can set the parameter as you need.