After record a MTS video, camcorder owners would like to optimize their video by a serious of editing work. In this case, a professional yet easy-to-use MTS Editor would be a necessary. However, a lot of video editor don't support MTS format like Sony Vegas. When people import MTS file into Sony Vegas, it would say "the file can't be recognized". What a pity! To help these people out of trouble and edit MTS file without any hassle, we highly recommend the following article which can complete the tasks as below:
- Merge multiple MTS clips into a big movie in order and split MTS video by chapter;
- Edit MTS files like remove black bars and the useless parts by cropping and trimming;
- Adjust MTS image brightness, contrast and saturation to make the video look better;
- Remove subtitles from MTS file or add subtitles in .srt, .sub, .sbv, .ssa and .ass to MTS movie;
- Add text watermark or picture watermark to any place of your MTS video to make your video unique;
- Rotate MTS video 90 degrees, 180 degrees, 270 degrees in order to turn your video to correct degree;
- Add effects to MTS video like black and white, oil painting, line drawing, woodcarving, embossment and more;
- Add audio tracks in Add MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AC3, OGG, AIFF, WMA, MP2, RM, M4A, M4B, OPUS, etc to MTS video or remove audio from MTS files;
- Adjust MTS parameters like adjust video size, bitrate, frame rate, aspect ratio, quality and audio sample rate, channel, volume and more;
- Edit MTS files as well as convert MTS files to more popular formats like MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV, WMV, MKV, SWF, OGV, 3GP, etc.
The Ultimate MTS Editor
Faasoft MTS Editor (for Mac, for Windows) is a one-stop MTS editing tool, which enables you to edit MTS movie efficiently and easily. Even if you are a newbie, you can handle it within a few minutes. Moreover, it is a powerful converter tool, with which, you can convert any video and audio.
How to Edit MTS Files?
In the beginning, click "Free Download" button in order to download and install the app on your computer. The following guide will show you how this program works based on Windows version in detailed. For Mac users, the steps are pretty similar. Let's start now.
Step 1 Add MTS files
Launch Faasoft MTS Editor and you are in the main interface of the program. Now you can either drag and drop your MTS movie that you want to edit into the program, or just hit the "Add File" button to import MTS files from your computer.
Step 2 Edit MTS files
Faasoft MTS Editor supports editing MTS files by adding effects to MTS and adjusting MTS parameters.
- Click "Effect" button on the top of the main interface and switch to "Video Edit" window. There you can edit MTS file in trimming, cropping, rotating, adjusting image, adding effects/subtitle/audio and more;
- Click "Setting..." to set the parameters of your MTS files, for example, adjust video bitrate, change audio channel, increase audio volume, etc.
Step 3 Finish editing MTS video
Click "Profile" drop-down button to select an output format if you want to change MTS to a more popular format. After that, click the round "Convert" button on the bottom to start the process of editing MTS file.