A friend is trying to convert some video files from "dxa" format (apparently Mac) to something he can view on a Windows machine. Can anybody suggest proper software for this?
First, let's have a look at what DXA format is. DXA files are cutscenes videos in the video game The Feeble Files, an adventure video game about the adventures of an alien called Feeble. This game was created and released in the UK in 1997 by Adventure Soft on Windows. The Mac version and Amiga version is created in 2001 and 2002 respectively. The videos in Windows version use a format called Smacker, while in Mac and Amiga, they are in DXA format. Anhother place we can see DXA files is ScummVM, an emulater for LucasArts's Scumm game engine. The game videos in other formats are converted to DXA format to play in ScummVM. The DXA file is basically zlib compressed video frames, using WAV format for audio, while the Macintosh version uses Microsoft ADPCM format for the audio.
DXA file is incompatible with the most common players like VLC, QuickTime, Windows Media Player, etc, and portable devices like iPhone, Android, iPad, Xbox, PSP and more, and popular editing tools like iMovie, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and so on. Hence, many people try hard to find an efficient way to convert DXA to more compatible formats like DXA to AVI, DXA to MP4, DXA to MOV, DXA to MP3, etc.
DXA Converter for Mac and Windows
- Convert DXA to AVI, MOV, MP4, WMV, etc to play DXA files on Windows, Mac, Windows Media Player, VLC, QuickTime, iTunes, PowerPoint and more;
- Convert DXA to MP4, MOV, AVI, etc to play DXA files on iPhone, iPad, Android, PSP, PS3, Zune, Xbox and more;
- Convert DXA to FLV, MP4, AVI, etc to upload DXA files to YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, eHow and more;
- Convert DXA to MP3, WAV, FLAC, CAF, WMA, AAC, AIFF, DTS, OGA, VOC, etc to extract audio from DXA files;
- Faasoft DXA Converter also supports editing DXA files and playing DXA files on Mac and Windows;
- This useful DXA Converter let you convert more than 150+ video and audio, not just DXA files.
Convert DXA Files
The following is 1-2-3 steps about how to convert DXA files, for example, convert DXA to AVI, with Faasoft DXA Converter. At the very first start, download and install the trial version of this powerful DXA Converter.
Step 1 Add DXA files
Faasoft DXA Converter allows you to import DXA files with three methods and the first recommended one is dragging and dropping your file to the main interface of the program.
To load multiple DXA files, first put all your DXA files into a folder and then drag the folder where DXA files are to the application. You'll see all DXA files appear on the task list in order.
Step 2 Set AVI as output format
Click the drop-down button of "Profile" to choose "AVI Audio-Video Interleaved (*.avi)" as output format from "General Video" category. Set other formats to convert DXA to MP4, DXA to MOV, DXA to MP3, etc.
Step 3 Finish the conversion
Go to "Trim" and "Settings..." tab to edit your DXA files like remove black bar around your video, adjust volume, add watermark and more.
Once you're satisfied with the output file, hit the big "Convert" button to start the conversion. Take a rest and the program will do the rest work for you.