Why Compress 4K Ultra HD video? Many people ask such a question. In different circumstances, the answer can be different. The given below are the six ample reasons that people want to compress 4K Ultra HD video.
- 4K UHD video takes too much space;
- 4K UHD video can't be playback on most media players and portable devices;
- 4K Ultra HD video is not compatible with most video editors, for example, Final Cut Pro;
- 4K HD video can't be uploaded to video-sharing websites like YouTube, Instagram, vevo, etc;
- Playing 4K video will consume resources like processor, RAM and graphic memory. Many user face lags while processing 4k video;
- To play 4K video, your computer needs to meet the minimum requirements for 4K playback and a monitor that is capable of playing 4K video.
4K Ultra HD Video Compressor
To compress your 4K video and play it widely and smoothly, Faasoft 4K Ultra HD Video Compressor (for Mac, for Windows) is highly recommended. It can not only compress your 4K video with easy steps to solve all the playback issue of 4K UHD video, but also has the ability to edit 4K video in many ways. Let's see what this powerful 4K Video Compressor can do for you:
- Compress 4K UHD video to 1080p, 720p, 480p as well as keep high output quality;
- Beside compress 4K video, you can edit 4K video in merging, splitting, trimming, cropping, changing audio channel, adjusting audio volume, adding watermark/subtitles/effects and more;
- The imported 4K HD video can be in any formats like MXF, XAVC, MP4, H.264, MTS/M2TS, AVCHD, MOV, AVI, etc;
- After compressed, the 4K video can be played back on any media players like QuickTime, VLC, Windows Media Player, etc;
- After compressed, you can play 4K UHD video on iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, Android, Xbox, PlayStation and more portable devices;
- After compressed, you can edit 4K Ultra HD video in any video editor tools like iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premier, Windows Movie Maker, etc;
- Support converting and editing more than 150+ video and audio formats on both Mac and Windows.
Detailed Steps to Compress 4K HD Video
The given below is a step by step guide which will show you how to compress 4K Ultra HD Video for Windows. If you want to get the Faasoft 4K Ultra HD Video Compressor for Mac, just get the Mac version and follow the same steps.
Step 1 Import 4K Ultra HD video
As usual, we highly recommend you to add your 4K Ultra HD Video by dragging and dropping. It's pretty easy. Find your 4K video on computer and then drag it to the primary window of Faasoft 4K Ultra HD Video Compressor.
Step 2 Set Settings to compress 4K video
There is a drop-down button beside "Profile" and click it. From the pop-up menu, choose output format from "HD Video" or "General Video" category.
Once the output format is set, click "Settings..." button to open "Advanced Settings" window. In this window, switch to "Advanced" tab. There, adjust video bit rate, resolution, frame rate etc.
Step 3 Finish compressing 4K HD video
Preview the output effect to ensure everything is ok before start the compress process. Now, move your mouse to the big "Convert" button on the bottom and hit it. The program will finish the compression of 4K Ultra HD video at high speed.
Extend Knowledge about 4K Video, 1080p and 720p
4K, 1080p and 720p are all about video resolution. And resolution means number of pixels or dots along vertical and horizontal directions. For example, 4K means there are about 4 thouthand dots along horizontal direction, and 1080p means there are 1080 pixels along vertical direction.
|Resolution name||Horizontal x Vertical pixels||Other names||Devices|
|UHD||3840x2160||4K, Ultra HD, Ultra-High Definition||TVs|
|WUXGA||1920x1200||Widescreen Ultra Extended Graphics Array||Monitors, projectors|
|1080p||1920x1080||Full HD, FHD, HD, High Definition||TVs, monitors|
|720p||1280x720||HD, High Definition||TVs|