Sharing videos, photos, etc on Facebook with friends, family, and colleagues becomes an indispensable part of many people's daily life. Uploading videos to Facebook is in a way similar to uploading photos to Facebook. But sharing videos on Facebook often causes issues due to the video formats. Let's see some examples:
- I am just confusing about MOV. I want to upload some of my video taken by a remote-controlled camera on the social network such as Facebook. I want to know as what will be the best video format. Kindly help me out.
- I had an MP4 video that I downloaded from a website and I tried to upload it to Facebook. I have read that Facebook does support this format. However, Facebook refused to upload this video. Why?
From Facebook official website, we learn that Facebook is compatible with almost all video file types. The following is the list of Facebook supported video format.
- 3g2 (Mobile Video), 3gp (Mobile Video), 3gpp (Mobile Video)
- asf (Windows Media Video), wmv (Windows Media Video), avi (AVI Video), divx (DIVX Video)
- mpe (MPEG Video), mpeg (MPEG Video), ts (MPEG Transport Stream), mpg (MPEG Video), dat (MPEG Video)
- m4v (MPEG-4 Video), mp4 (MPEG-4 Video), mpeg4 (MPEG-4 Video), mov (QuickTime Movie), qt (QuickTime Movie)
- dv (DV Video), f4v (Flash Video), flv (Flash Video), m2ts (M2TS Video), mts (AVCHD Video), nsv (Nullsoft Video), ogm (Ogg Media Format), ogv (Ogg Video Format), mod (MOD Video), tod (TOD Video), vob (DVD Video), mkv (Matroska Format)
What if the video that I want to upload is not compatible with Facebook? How to upload video to Facebook without any hassle?
Convert Video to Facebook Format
It's easy. Just convert video to Facebook more compatible formats. To do this job, Faasoft Video to Facebook Converter (for Mac, for Windows) is a smart choice, which can help you convert any video like WebM, MKV, SWF, etc to Facebook favorite H.264 video with AAC audio in MP4 or MOV format.
Why Choose This Smart Converter?
- Convert video to/from any video formats to make it easy to upload video to Facebook, YouTube, etc or enjoy video in iPhone, iPad, Android and other popular portable devices;
- With a straightforward interface, converting video is quick and efficient, without sacrificing the file's quality;
- Built-in editor to rotate video in 90 degree, trim unwanted video scenes, extract subtitle from video, change audio channel, etc;
- Extract audio from any video and save the audio in MP3, WAV, M4A, FLAC, AAC, ALAC, WMA, CAF, etc;
- Support downloading video from favorite online video sites.
How to Convert Video to Facebook Format?
The first thing you should do is to download and install the trial version of this wonderful video to Facebook Converter and then follow the steps to start the conversion. The steps involved are very easy so you will not have any problems following that.
Step 1 Import video
The easiest way to add file is dragging and dropping the video you will be using for uploading to Facebook to the main interface of the converter. You can also click on the button marked "Add File" from toolbar to import video from your computer.
Step 2 Set the output format
Click "Profile" button to set "Facebook H.264 Video (*.mp4)" as output format from "Web Video" category.
If your source video is HD, please designated output format as "Facebook H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)" from "Web Video" category.
Step 3 Convert to Facebook
Click the "Convert" button so as to start the conversion process. The converted file will be listed in the folder as "Destination" shows. Or just click "Open Folder" button and go to the location of the converted files.
Now, you can easily upload these videos to Facebook.
Tips about Uploading Video to Facebook
To ensure the success of uploading video to Facebook, you'd better to make sure the video meets the following settings:
- File size: up to 4GB
- Video duration: less than 120 min
- File type: MP4 or MOV
- Video codec: H.264 video
- Audio codec: MP3 or AAC audio
- Resolution: 1280px
- Frame Rate: below 30fps
- Sampling rate: 44100Hz
- Channel: stereo or mono streams